The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ouch.

I have one of the worst headaches ever.

Tonight (this afternoon/evening--whatever) was a perfect example of why I suspect no one ever listens to me. My nurse called Tuesday night and asked if she could move my infusion from Thursday to Wednesday (tonight) because one of her friends is in town and the only night they can get together is Thursday. I would've loved to do it for her but I had a prior obligation Wednesday night that was already moved from Thursday to Wednesday because of my infusion so I had to tell her no, but I offered to get off work a couple hours earlier on THURSDAY so she could be done and out of here before she'd normally even get here. Everything was, I thought, just peachy, but as is typical, it wasn't. My dad called me around four this afternoon to let me know my nurse was here to do my infusion because I said I'd get off a couple hours earlier on Wednesday so it wouldn't interfere with my plans and she could have Thursday off. Sigh. That is not what I said. Not, not, not!

First, how would her giving me my infusion a couple hours earlier not interfere with my plans for tonight? After the premeds are administered any plans I'd had would've been completely pointless as I would've been too messed up to do anything. And second, why on gods green earth would I adamantly insist that I couldn't do it at all on Wednesday only to turn around and not only say I will do it Wednesday, but offer to get off a couple hours early too? I wouldn't.

So, now I feel guilty that she came all the way here for nothing and that, though I was trying to be helpful by offering to do it earlier, I've still apparently messed up her night out with her friend.

Sigh.

But, you know what, since this is the way my life's been going lately, I'm not at all surprised.

1 Comments:

At Fri Jan 05, 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Drew said...

I have a book called Nobody listens to Andrew.

So I understand completely. You tried to be nice and instead she ends up thinkig mean thoughts about you because you somehow couldn't arrange your life AT THE LAST MIN. to her wishes.

Next time try to point out that you're willing to move stuff arround with ENOUGH advance notice( not just a day or two).

bleh. I feel sorry for you.

Maybe you can get cameron to grow up and be a male nurse so he can give mama her infusions
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home