The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Strangers in the night...

"Ayo, I'm tired of using technology, why don't you sit down on top of me."

Sorry. That song just won't stop bouncing around in my head. It's somewhat annoying really.

So, it's been a bit of a while, eh? Stress more or less forced me into a state of hibernation and while I don't particularly like that because it's akin to hiding out, it was quite necessary to help preserve my sanity. I'm not sure it completely worked but seeing as I'm not currently stark raving mad, I suppose it did its job.

Anyway, it's another day, another dollar, another raging stress related headache for me. Ah, life, how sweet it is. So, c'est la vie, I say.

I've been reading a whole hell of a lot the past six months or so and throwing my organizational soul into a tailspin, have been stacking the books I've read next to the bookshelf (we wouldn't want to confuse them with the book I haven't read, would we?). Since they're just sitting there all stacked and in the way, I got to couting them last night and was a bit baffled that I've read a bit over a hundred books, it certainly doesn't feel like I've read that many. But, my mom said, since I have a different book in my hand practically every day, it makes sense to her.

My cell phone is off again (sigh), my mom is making noises about paying the bill to get it turned back on but if she doesn't, I won't be able to do it myself until next Tuesday. I hate working my ass off and still not making enough money to pay the bills. And you can forget anything extra, it just isn't happening these days.

So far Cameron's been doing alright schoolwise this year, sort of. This teacher hasn't been near as helpful as the last one but it's early yet so we'll see. Homewise is whole different story all together. On August 24th, I had an appointment with Cameron's psychologist to discuss the results of Cameron's testing and other various things. Cameron was diagnosed with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder; Combined Type (which means that this type of ADHD has six or more symptoms listed in the DSM-IV for Psychiatric disorders in both hyperactivity and inattention). Though the doctor recommended that Cameron NOT be put on medication at this time, I'm more than a bit worried because that recommendation was made based on Cameron's positive progress before he went away. The doctor has to decided to stick with the "No Medication Therapy" recommendation but because Cameron suffered such a major set back when he went away, the doctor set a time limit on that recommendation (one to two months) and if Cameron continues to struggle and have problems beyond that time limit, we'll have to discuss medication therapy. Right now, it's not looking good but I haven't given up hope that we'll turn things around before medication is necessary. Wish us luck.

You know, school just started August 20th, which is what, 3 weeks ago, and they've already sent home three fundraisers and a scholastic book order. How ridiculous is that? Apparently the school and the blasted PTA thinks us parents are rolling in it. I can assure them, we're not.

Drew cleaned out my car yesterday so you can actually see the floorboard now. Heh. He said I should be ashamed of the mess I had going on in there. Then last night, he had Cameron upstairs cleaning out his room while he stood guard. And from what I hear, he and my dad are going to tackle the cleaning out of the garage sometime soon, that should be interesting. My chore is the master bedroom and the, oh so frightening, walk-in closet. Ugh.

I have to meet my mom at Curves tonight for some sweating with the oldies but tomorrow evening, we're hitting Starbucks for a yummy Pumpkin Spice Latte. Oh, the calories but Yum!

And that's really all I've got at the moment. Have a peachy one.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home