The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Aimee's Entry... Everything from A to Z (LOL)

I swear, I’m such a frickin’ creature of habit - it’s disgusting!!! I mean, here I sit, eating my blueberry muffin and drinking my extra large coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts, like I do every morning - no changes, without fail. God, does that make me boring?? Predictable??

Well, I was, let’s say, slightly disappointed with the results on American Idol last night! Ok, maybe I was a whole hell of a lot more than SLIGHTLY disappointed. Why Nikko? Why not Anthony? Or Scott? I mean, sure, Nikko probably would have and should have gone in a couple weeks BUT not before Anthony for Christ’s sake!!! I just can’t stomach Anthony!!! Seriously!!! There is, of course, the obvious reason - he butchers practically every song he chooses to sing but dude, over and above that, he’s just annoying as hell. He gets on my nerves. BUT there was one saving grace to last nights show… Fantasia. I know that a lot of people dislike her voice but I love her. I think she’s absolutely phenomenal. Seriously, if I were a man, I would worship at the alter that is Fantasia. She ROCKS!!!

Ya wanna know one of the things that I absolutely detest?? TRAFFIC JAMS!!! Oh. My. God. I hate them!!! Especially when the damn radio station that you’re listening to on the yawn inducing drive to work fails to mention the MAJOR traffic hold up on your route. I listened to THREE traffic reports on my way to work and not ONE of them mentioned that there was major trouble on Sample Road, traffic backed up all the way to Egypt and they were diverting you off Sample and back onto I-95 South. It was ANNOYING!!! I was 45 minutes late for work, where, if traffic had been normal OR I’d have been given advance notice from the bloody traffic report, I would’ve been 15 minutes early!!!

Sometime last year, I think it was June?? (doesn’t really matter) I started writing this story called, ‘The Trouble With Love’. It was just one of those times when an idea invaded my mind an wouldn’t give me peace until I put my fingers to the keyboard. Well, I currently have 21 chapters written for that lovely number and a couple weeks ago, I had all these wonderful scenes running through my head for Chapter 22 but when I sat down and put my fingers on the keys, they froze. I don’t know what it is but I just can’t write at the moment. It bothers me. The thoughts are there but the words won’t form. I still get feedback from people asking why I haven’t updated the story and it makes me feel guilty because I want to, I just can’t!! My muse has taken one hell of vacation and I wish to hell she’d come back already!!!

And here’s a question for the masses… Why do men cheat? Why? If you have a warm and willing woman at home, what the hell do you need to cheat for? This isn’t relative to my situation, I don’t believe my husband’s out screwing around but I was listening to ‘War of the Roses’ this morning (NOTE: WOTR is a thing they do on my local radio station where they have a wife/husband/GF/BF who thinks their partner is cheating and the DJ calls their partner up pretending to be a florist and tells them that they’ve won a free dozen roses and asks them who they want to send them to in hopes of catching them sending roses to someone other than their partner) and even though this morning I believe that the guy was totally innocent, it got the subject of cheating rolling around in my head. It’s sad but this is the first week in I don’t know how long that I think the partner was innocent and the majority of the guilty ones are men. So, it leads me back to my original question… Why do men cheat?? Seriously guys, if you feel the need to bury your bone in someone else’s yard then why don’t you just vacate the current yard you’re digging in completely before burying your bone in another?? I’d rather have a man walk away then find out he’s out boning someone else. But hey, that’s just me.

God, I feel old. Yesterday, on the way home from work I turned the radio station from the Hip Hop station that I usually listen to on the drive home and flipped to some east listening station and WOW, they were playing stuff that I haven’t heard since High School. A little Brian Adams mixed with some Bon Jovi. It took me back and made me realize, it’s no joke, I’m really gonna be 30 in August -sighs-. Although, I am a card carrying member of Ang’s ‘29 Forever’ club. LOL.

Ok, I’m out. Babble at ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home