The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Aimee's Entry - Some Men Are Just Pathetic...

Evan tagged us so, here ya go...

Book Tag

Tag! I’m it. Without revealing too much about myself, here’s a glimpse into the bookwork hidden inside of me.

1) Total number of books I’ve owned.

Good Lord, how am I supposed to answer that one? I've owned far too many books to pin down a number. Hundreds, thousands... I have no clue.

2) The last book I bought.

I bought two at the same time. The Innocent by Harlan Coben and The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure.

3) The Last Book I read.

Since I haven't finish 'The Innocent' yet, the last book I read would be Survivor In Death by J.D. Robb.


4) 5 books that mean something to me.

First Book - Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.
First Read - The first book I clearly remember reading was Pet Cemetary by Stephen King, although I'm sure that I read quite a few books before that.
Most Times Read - Well I'm addicted to J.D. Robb's 'In Death' series and I've read them all more than once but the first book in the series Naked In Death has been, by far, read the most.
Largest Impact - Life on the Edge by Dr. James Dobson
Biggest Fucking Page-turner (most recent memory) - Tell No One by Harlan Coben - I read that book in a few hours, I couldn't let go of it.

5) Tag 5 people and request they fill this out on their journals

I can't think of 5 people to tag so I'm going to leave it as an "open call", if you're interested have at it.

--//--

Hey, does anyone wanna have a little "phone-fun" with me? We could get kinky and have all kinds of yummy fun.

Maybe I should just post my cell phone number up here and whoever feels the urge can go ahead and give me a shout. What do you think?

No? It's not a good idea?

I didn't think so either.

God, I had the most obnoxious encounter with a complete fucking stranger yesterday. I was sitting there minding my own damn business and an IM pops up. I did what I normally do when I don't recognize the screenname, I made it go bye-bye. If they IM again, I always ask, "Do I know you?" and if the answer is "No" then I make it go bye-bye again. I'm not snobby or anything but I don't have time for some guy who's been "profile trolling" and wants to score a piece of online ass.

But this asshole was persistent. Let me tell you, he wasn't catching the hint. AT ALL. He was extremely obnoxious and freakishly desperate. I mean, when a woman says that she's married and she's just NOT interested it's usually not a good idea to follow that up by asking for her phone number. And the whole, "Your husband doesn't have to know. C'mon just give me your number, we'll talk, maybe get together and have some fun..." thing just made him look more pathetic than I already thought he was.

I've never understood that whole "profile trolling" thing? What's the deal with that? And why do men find it exciting to single out and proposition married women? Is it the fact that they know it can't be anything more than a sexual thing?

I know that a lot of married people find themselves in a sexless and often times loveless relationship with their spouse and for one reason or another are not able to end the union amicably and they have to go outside of their marriage to gain the physical and often times emotional needs that they're not getting from their spouse. I fully understand that. Everyone needs physical and emotional closeness with another person and if you're not getting it at home and divorce is not an option then finding it elsewhere is your only choice. So, I could understand the aggressive IM thing if that woman had placed an add looking for an outside sexual relationship but I don't understand singling out profiles of married women that have given no indication that they're looking for an outside relationship. It's just obnoxious! And any man that does this doesn't come off as attractive in any way, he just comes off as pathetically desperate.

I finally managed to nail my disinterest home and got rid of the creep but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

6 Comments:

At Tue May 31, 12:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should've blocked him.... ;)

 
At Tue May 31, 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

How do you do it Stephen? I wanted to make my screen name invisible one day and I couldn't figure it out to save my life.

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Tue May 31, 03:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sort of IM are you using?

"phone fun"...heh. If you get any takers, you must blog about it. Me, I'm awful in that department.

 
At Wed Jun 01, 06:44:00 AM, Blogger grave_creek said...

thats my girl!!! how dare he randomly just come out and ask if you would be interested to have some "fun" with him?? sometimes you ask yourself if these creeps are for real or if its only ashton kutcher going all punkd on you!!lol!!!that was a bad joke sorry!!!

 
At Wed Jun 01, 06:12:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Evan,
I use AOL's IM. And if I get any offers I'll definitely blog about it ;)

Jason,
Thanks for letting me know you're back! YAY!

Rod,
I never thought you were like those guys sweetheart but I mean, if you wanna... ya know... (LOL - just kidding)

g_c,
I missed you!! Where you been? And thanks babe!!! Some people... sheesh.

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Thu Jun 02, 05:05:00 AM, Blogger grave_creek said...

hihihi!!! it seems that with my new job and all,i spend most of my time either sleeping or doing projects at home!! i missed you too honey!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home