The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Aimee's Entry - May The Force Be With You...

Through my wonderful powers of persuasion, I convinced Drew to take me to see 'Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith' tonight. I threw in a, "You know how much Cameron wants to see it and we can't let him see it without viewing it first!" (I know, I know - I'm such a lying bitch. I just wanted to see it and I was using any excuse to get him to null and void that "we're waiting a couple weeks" claim he made. Heh, it worked).

Anyway, I loved the movie. Seriously. I know a lot of people didn't like it but I thought it was bad ass. BUT, I don't think it's such a good idea to let Cameron see it yet. I think I'll rent the older ones, stick them in after he goes to bed and if I think one (or all) of them are okay then he can start with those. 'Revenge of the Sith', in my opinion, was a little too much for an impressionable 5 year old and I don't want to deal with the nightmares. He'd be crawling into our bed for comfort and the little monster is the worst wiggler when he sleeps. I never get any sleep when he camps out in our bed. He won't be a happy camper if he figures out that we're not going to take him to see it so, I think I'll keep that little bit of info hush-hush for the time being.

Tomorrow I have to drive all the way to Boca (I act like it's a trek and it's only like a 20 minute drive but I hate driving) to pick up my cell phone from my mom's house. She's been to my house 2 times this week and she keeps forgetting to bring it. Sighs. Oh well, it'll be nice. I haven't been to the farm in a while and my niece Sarah is there for the weekend, I haven't seen the little angel in what seems like forever. I miss her. She's so damn cute.

Okay, well, I guess I'll stop the incessant rambling, it's almost 1:30 in the morning and I should really be in bed. Night (er morning).

3 Comments:

At Sun May 22, 05:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Star Wars EP III was the best of the series IMO, but I dont think it should be shown to a 5 year old, definitely agree on that point.
Boca's only 20 minutes from you? Damn, i wish i lived that close to Boca... lol, Mena lives in Boca ;)

 
At Sun May 22, 09:27:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Raph,
Yeah, they can be so adorible, eh? I was going to take some pics of Sarah today with my camera phone so I could post them but my mom was letting her play in the dirt so she was FILTHY! I'll have to find a cute one of her and post it up :)

Stephen,
I really enjoyed Star Wars Ep. III too! It fucking ROCKED!

Yep, I'm only 20 minutes from Boca. So, Mena's not too far from me, huh? That's cool :) You're up closer to Royal Palm Beach, right?

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Wed May 25, 07:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, im smack dab in the middle of Royal Palm Beach

 

Post a Comment

<< Home