The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Aimee's Entry - Family Day...

Hi, my name is Aimee and I'm a link whore. There, I did it. I confessed. If you have links on your blog/website I'll follow them like a lovesick groupie. Why? You ask. Well, because I'm unabashedly curious about all manner of things, of course. What can I say? Besides, it's actually kind of cool. I end up in some interesting places, let me tell you. And the one thing I love more than anything is when someone moves my emotions in one way or another, whether it's pissing me off, amusing me, making me think or simply making me hot. If you've managed to move me, I think you're fucking awesome. So, I figured I'd randomly share some of the places that I inadvertently land. Here's one of them...

PostSecret (I don't know but I find this blog pretty cool. You mail in a secret (it can be a fear or a want or a fantasy... anything, as long as you've never shared it with anyone) on a 4x6 index/postcard and she posts it up. Some of the things that people send in are quite interesting.

Moving on... I decided sometime last night that we were going to have some "family fun time" today. Why I do that is beyond me because it usually ends up disastrous and it was certainly looking like a bad plan this morning when Drew and Cameron went head to head over the days events. Sighs. No one EVER agrees on anything in this house. It annoys the fuck out of me. You see, I wanted to see a movie but Drew wanted to go to Boomers and Cameron wanted to go to the movies until Drew pushed Boomers. Then all hell broke loose because I (stupidly) complained about Drew pushing Cameron into Boomer's when he wanted to see a movie. So, of course to make things difficult, Drew changed from Boomer's to movies which left Cameron in tears because he made the switch from movies to Boomer's. Are you confused yet? I was here in the middle of the mass chaos and I was confused. Whoo. But we worked it out. Oh yes, in the end everybody won and we spent twice the money. We went to the movies AND Boomer's.


In other news... my five year old son beat me at miniature golf today. How pathetic is that? After I get over the shame of it all, I think I'll work on firming up my golf game so I can beat the little smarty pants. The brat had a jolly ole time rubbing salt in my wounds. And Cameron was down for the count by the time we got home so Drew and I watched 'Oceans 12' on DVD. It was a fucking awesome movie but I'm going to have to re-watch 'Oceans 11' because I'm pretty sure that one was better. Drew disagrees.

And here's a question that's been plaguing me all day... why on earth do girls wear coochie cutters? Good Lord, they've got to hurt. Seriously, having your pants (or shorts) buried so far up your crotch that it's a wonder you can still walk can NOT be comfortable. And maybe it's just me but, the visual is not attractive. AT ALL.

Oh well, that's it, nothing exciting going on 'round here. Today was "family day" in my little corner of the world.

Night.

2 Comments:

At Sun May 15, 12:24:00 PM, Blogger grave_creek said...

hey honey!! im soo happy that youre feeling better!!!sometimes i read your blog and think" and here i thought i had a hard life!!"...
you are one STRONG woman!!

 
At Sun May 15, 01:05:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Rod - "coochie cutters" are overly tight shorts, or pants, that conform to every fold, nook, and cranny - front and back - of the person wearing them. They're usually shoved so far up a woman's cotch that they produce that "camel toe" look. I don't know, I just think it looks tacky and well, bloody painful too.

grave_creek - Thanks darlin'! *hugs*

Xo,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home