The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Aimee's Entry - Happy Anniversary...

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." ~ Judy Garland

Happy Anniversary to all the GLBT couples who were legally wed a year ago today. The battle for equality continues but for today, you should rejoice and celebrate the beauty of your union with the one you love.

Gosh, I'm feeling gloomy today. Blah, blah, blah. And boy, oh, boy do I need a bloody miracle to get myself out of the financial trouble I've managed to land myself in. I think I'll change my name and move to Nebraska.

Okay, moving on... yesterday's bitching about my breast size spurred
Jasmine to post about people's superficial need to have, need or want the exact opposite of what they've been given. And in response to her post, I commented...

In basic principle, I agree with your point. It's always wise to cherish what you do have as opposed to longing for what you don't have. But, all this wanting the opposite of what we were granted is spurred on by that vicious little beast Human Nature. It can be an odd little entity, that whole Human Nature thing, makes us do crazy things. But alas, it's just another one of those strange little intricacies that makes life keep moving.

People, in general, typically always want something other than what they have, it's just a fact of life. For Example: Until I cut off 12" a few months ago, I had a mane of glorious curls that landed just above my ass. Was I happy with it? Hell NO. I wanted pin-straight hair that landed somewhere in the region of my shoulders. Why? Because I had long, curly hair, of course. It's just that whole contrariness that goes hand-in-hand with human nature. That doesn't mean I'm not happy and grateful for what I've got, it just means I'm a contrary bitch who dreams of something different.

Well, I've been remiss in my writing and I'm supposed to be bucking up and challenging myself so, I promised Angie today that I would finish writing a poem. And I didn't do it. I got a grand total of two lines written and got distracted. BAD AIMEE. Sigh. Tomorrow, I shall finish it (even if it kills me).

And that's all for me. Blah. Night.


3 Comments:

At Tue May 17, 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Jaschocolate said...

Haha.. right on.. the thoughts of a veteran blogger is definitely better than my crapping ones.. Oh wise woman, pls grant me the knowledge to spout wisdom in my blog.. Sighs.. i am being so lame again.. :p

 
At Wed May 18, 12:19:00 PM, Blogger grave_creek said...

ohhh im an asian guy and just dont get the use of such straight hair!!!why cant my hair have some nice waves in it to give movement and texture?!! noo,it has to fall straight down or stick right up!!!! ohh god ,im sorry aimee,just rambling through!!!!

 
At Wed May 18, 02:42:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

LOL, Jasmine. Veteran, huh? I'm fairly new at this but thanks ;)

Ramble on g_c, I do... all the time :)

Xo,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home