The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Angie's Entry - *blows a raspberry*

I know, a rather immature action on my part, but I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling it.

Aimee and I are currently trying to finish up four (Is it that many? Yeah I think it is. Shai, Jolene, POV and Tracie (which is the brain child of Aimee and Mel). Not to mention the two I have - Kaitlyn and Jaina) fics between the two of us and we are having absolutely no fuckin luck. For a while yesterday we seemed to be on a short roll. When we split up to write our "own" segments, that's when it fell apart. I've been reading other fics, but about the same object of my unhealthy obsession - one famous white rapper who's name shall not be mentioned. Just cause I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about anyways. There are dissapointments when you set the bar too high. But that's another day! LOL I'm having no luck getting "re-energized", "inispired" or anything of that nature. Don't get me wrong, he's a beautiful specimen of a man, but I can't seem to get anything off the ground. The well has been tapped dry as a bone. Crap.

Does anyone watch 24? I spent two hours on Monday night in agony during the season finale. I was left feeling like it was the end of the series, not the season. I won't go in depth in case anyone hasn't seen it, I'd hate to ruin it by saying too much.
The Lost season finale is tonight, but I'm sure won't be half as exciting. Nonetheless, I'm still looking forward to seeing it. I never in a million years would have thought Matthew Fox could pull off a role like "Jack", but there are some parallel's to his "Charlie" from Party of Five. As an ensemble cast, this group is fantastic, not to mention the writers and the location. I'm all about Hawai'i.

After this week, there won't be much on TV worth watching, in my opinion. I'm not much of a reality TV watcher. Unless you count MTV's Real World. Which I've been watching since the very first episode 11 years ago.

I had dinner with some friends last night, I thought it was Monday we were susposed to get together, but it was last night. Anyways, the reason for our gathering was one of them went on a 12 day vacation to Greece. They traveled to the island of Crete and spent a few days in Turkey. We oggled at pictures of the Athens ruins, the Sultan's palace decoreated with so much gold it was crazy, but awesomely beautiful even in pictures. Then she tells us she's going back to Hawai'i at the end of June! This time instead of staying in Wakiki or Honolulu, it sounds like they'll be more towards the North Shore. She's so lucky. I'm so jealous.

I will return to Hawai'i someday. And I will spend an ungodly amount of time there, like a month exploring everything I didn't have the chance to when I was there.

I've been feeling philosophical and reflective lately. I think it has a big part to do with the weather in my fair part of the country. Monday it was beautiful out. Yesterday, up until around 10 a.m. it was nice out, then came the clouds and dropping temps. My lovely lady, Aimee informed me this morning that in her corner of the country it's 90 and sunny. While I'm stuck here with clouds, rain and 60. Which is not susposed to subside for at least another few days. Ho hum. Today, this morning, was PERFECT weather to sleep in. Not too warm, cloudy and gray, my little furry girl curled up, looking cute as anything I'd ever seen, but damn the alarm clock!

I have a serious kink in my back, like just below my shoulder blades, but dead center and it aches like a bitch. Taking a deep breath hurts like mad. And of course it's in a place I can't stretch out, believe me, I've been trying. Damn.

Where the hell is that millionaire?

Aimee, did you kidnap him AGAIN? What have I told you about not sharing? Don't make me come down there young lady!! LOL

Thanks to all of you for the funny replies to Aimee's and I's entry on our nails!! They were great!

I'm outtie!

2 Comments:

At Wed May 25, 04:00:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I don't know if anyone has told us we're nuts Jacky but Jay did admit that he thought I was running a schitzo blog so, I suppose that would constitute as nuts, eh? :)

X's to the O's, my sweet,
Aimee

 
At Tue May 31, 03:11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Loved the finales of 24 and Lost. I agree, 24 felt like a series finale, but the end credits did assure us it would be back next January--looking forward to what they can do with it now.

As for summer tv, while dismal, I've got new seasons of Rescue Me, Dead Like Me, Queer as Folk and Nip/Tuck to look forward to until the fall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home