The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, May 23, 2005

Aimee's Enrty - I'm Feelin' Bitchy...

Going to see my mom can be a bad thing for my overtaxed mind, not mention the niggling sense of guilt that plagues me when I get to thinking about the things that I should've done but ultimately didn't. When we were sitting around on the porch talking today she asked me if I've been taking my antibiotics like a good little girl and I can proudly say that - yes, I have. But in the same token I started thinking about all the appointments that I was supposed to make and blew off.

After my needle guided biopsy last June I was supposed to follow up with Dr. Bershan every six months for a breast exam and a mammogram. Which means I should've gone in to see him in Decemeber (I didn't) and since June is quickly approaching that means another 6 month mark is just about here. So, I guess I better get off my ass and make an appointment.

I blew off my yearly rendezvous with Dr. Fazzano (he's my OB/GYN) that was supposed to take place in February. Sighs. I guess I better get my ass in to see him too.

And I skipped out on my yearly physical with Dr. Qureshi. I just figure that this one is a waste of time because I'm a regular visitor in my immunologists office and she's always poking and prodding and ordering blood so what the heck do I need a physical for, huh?

Oh well, we'll just keep all this a secret. Shhh.

Aside from going to my mom's, it was a pretty blah and somewhat icky day. I woke up in "extreme-bitch" mode which put Drew's back up and threw him into "unreasonable-dick" mode so, sighs, we were at each others throats all fucking day. And Cameron is sick (again).

God, I have the urge to get blissfully drunk. Mmm, yes - that sounds like a lovely plan.

Cheers.

5 Comments:

At Mon May 23, 02:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blissfully drunk...mmm

But get yourself in for those appointments, all right

 
At Mon May 23, 01:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes sir, right away ;)

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Tue May 24, 11:21:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Mmm Rod, I love an assertive man ;)

But I'll go (I promise). Thanks babe!

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Wed May 25, 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Stephen1141 said...

I wanna get drunk....

good luck with the appointments

 
At Wed May 25, 10:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will, wontcha? At the wedding, right? Or did that already happen? I thought we just talked about that the other night?

But, regardless getting drunk can be mind-numbingly wonderful ;)

Xo,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home