The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Angie's Entry - I'm so F*ckin bored ! ! !

Honestly campers, I'm bored out of my mind at work these days. So this entry my ramble on a bit and I won't be the least bit offended if you stop reading it at any point!

Monday was the day from hell. Not only is Monday my payroll day, but on top of that - the hard drive on our voice mail went down. The what on your who? You may be asking. Yes, if you have a voice mail system where you work, then chances are it has a hard drive that stores all the voice mail data. Including messages, special menus for said voice mail, any and all changes you make to your voice mail. If you have people moving offices, like we do about once a freakin week, that's on there too. So when the hard drive decides to take a shit, better make sure you have a life raft to cling to right? Ahh, any smart person would. Well, if you consider yourself one of these people, like myself, that always has a backup plan, always prepared, then count us as a minority.

Apparently, according to my former boss, she had brought this up to our CFO back in December when the voice mail company came out to back things up as standard procedure at the end of every year. It was discovered at that time that we did not have a current back up, and should really think of investing in a back up in the case the hard drive fails. Our wise CFO said, nah - the voice mail data isn't "critical data".

Who's having the last laugh now?

Oh, did I fail to mention the last back up was have is from 1998?! Yes you read that correctly, 1-9-9-8!!

Well, it is critical data when in the span of three hours on Tuesday morning I have run downstairs over two dozen times to reset and change voice mail passwords, it was ridiculous. So I'm hoping that our CFO reconsiders his point of view that voice mail is not "critical data".

So did you also realize that when your hard drive goes down, you finish payroll and stay until 5 pm to send out an email to everyone to let them know how they can now access their voice mail, that 9 out of those 10 people do not possess the intelligence to read the email the entire way through? They simple read the subject line "You can get into your voice mail now", get the happies and immediately pick up the phone and start pressing buttons? I actually had someone send me an email back that said - "I'm sorry I messed up, I saw the subject line and tried to get into my voice mail before I read your email the whole way through, can you reset my password one more time?"

DUMB ASS! ! ! ! LEARN TO F*CKING READ! !

Sorry, I have a very low threshold for people who don't listen/read instructions before springing into action.

So that was my Monday.

Tuesday I got my step workout in about three hours. No one in my entire company knows how to read or follow simple nstructions. I swear it made me want to just walk out and go - ya know what? For as smart as some of you people claim to be, you sure are a bunch of idiots. My dog follows instructions better than you morons do. You live just to make me insane don't you?

*sighs*

So I texted Aaron on Monday and got no response. I texted him on Tuesday and got no response. Then I texted him on Wednesday and asked him if he was ignoring me. He finally texted me back "No. Busy. Call ya in a few" I texted him back "call me at home".

So I go to bed and of course he doesn't call. But, he does text me about 11:50 with this message: "I don't know if u see me, let me know" Now at 11:50, I've already been in bed for two hours and my brain turned off a waaaayyyyy long time ago. I send him back "huh?" and haven't heard boo since. I was so perplexed by his text, I asked Aimee if it made any sense to her and she informed me I was not crazy.

My friend Katie assured me the same thing. We all came to the conclusion that he must have been drunk, or plain ol missed a word or two. I've done the same thing. My brain says the word in my head but my fingers just don't type it for whatever reason. I texted him again yesterday and asked him if he was drunk cause it made no sense and again I haven't heard back. So do I stop textin him cause at this point he may be annoyed that I keep texting him and wait for him to get back in touch with me? *sigh* Yes.

It's now Thursday.

Tomorrow is a half day for us at my full time job. We work for five hours but get paid for a full 8. It's the companies way of giving us a longer holiday weekend. So at least I'll only have to be bored for five hours tomorrow.

Seriously, I'm so bored I can't stand it. At least when Stacy was here, she'd give me all this piddly crap that I hated to do, but it made the day pass quicker. See, another lesson in "becareful what you wish for".

We're having our 4th of July party at my cousins' this weekend. I would like Aaron to come with me, but seeing as how he's not texting me back, I guess we'll have to see. I'm sure if I do talk to him, he'll talk me into going over to his sister's place. Which is not a bad thing, but give and take love. I already did the family thing with you so it's your turn. And at this one, you don't even have to meet my mom, aunt or my brother.

Katie asked if I was going to ask Pete, but I'm fairly certain he's going to be going home over the long weekend. I can't say for sure, but he usually does. Maybe if he doesn't, he can come with me. We'll just have to see huh?

P.S. I am absolutely in love with the new Lifehouse song "You & Me". I'm not sure why but I love it. (It's playing right now.)

What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time

Cause it's you and me and all of the people
with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You've got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

Cause it's you and me and all of the people
with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why,
I can't keep my eyes off of you

There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right

Cause it's you and me and all of the people
with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why,
I can't keep my eyes off of you
and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why,
I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive

2 Comments:

At Fri Jul 01, 08:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still don't think you're crazy babe! Drunk... definitely drunk!

Did you hear from him last night?

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Fri Jul 01, 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Denise said...

I am so used to receiving crazy texts from "him". it is usually because he's getting a few and just hitting reply and writing back not paying attention to if they are going to the correct recipient. I almost guarantee you that your guy was sending that text to someone else. My last one from "him" was "WHY NOT A SKIRT" when I had sent a simple "whatcha thinking about" I'm like HUH? and he of course tried to explain it that he meant to text that to me.. shittttt... Good luck...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home