The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Aimee - I'm bored again (and it's only 12:00 -- sigh)...

Note: I moved my first post from yesterday back to the top because the other was a bit depressing. I'm still feeling out of sync but it's better. Thanks for the e-mail last night Thaly-Ann, I'm sorry that I missed you. Tine, thank you for the comment you left, it made me smile. And Evan (one of my favorite people), thank you so much, baby.




Isn't he the cutest?? Of course, he is... he's mine.

Anyhow, here's some more useless info (again, in no particular order) about me that will more than likely knock you into a coma...

51. Have I ever mentioned that I can't see more than 5 feet in front of me?

52. I wear glasses to correct that problem. Dorky, I know but me and contact lenses are not the best of friends. But I do have those too.

53. I wear a toe ring cause I think they're absolutely adorible. But they fucking hurt when you're wearing sneakers. Ouch.

54. My favorite color is green... the darker the better.

55. I lost my virginity when I was 16 in the front seat of some guys car. It was such a bad experience, I was determined to never do it again.

56. Obviously that didn't happen.

57. I'm loyal to a fault but if you fuck me over, I can be the biggest bitch you'll ever come across.

58. I'm extremely shy unless I'm comfortable with you. And then watch out because I rarely sensor what I say with someone I'm comfortable with (just ask Angie).

59. I'm a fairly friendly person (though I have my moments). But I was hurt very, very badly by someone I considered a friend less than a year ago and it made me weary of getting too close to people.

60. So if I let you get close, please don't hurt me. I don't know if my heart can take it again.

61. Yes, you're right. I'm way too sensitive. I can't help it.

62. I'm fairly decent at writing erotica but I'm not so hot when it comes to poetry.

63. That doesn't stop me from writing it, mind you.

64. I had my tonsils removed when I was 16. It hurt like a motherfucker.

65. I also had a tumor removed from my right breast the same year and another one removed from my left breast last June.

66. Cancer runs through my family (on both sides) like wild fire and that scares the fuck out of me.

67. Scary movies fuck with me. I have to sleep with the lights on after I watch one or I'll be plagued by nightmares.

68. Yep, you got it, I'm a wimp.

69. I recently discovered I like to have my hair played with more than getting my back massaged.

70. Tug, pull, rub or scratch and I'll probably start purring.

71. I dyed my hair red when I was 19.

72. It didn't work out. At all.

73. As long as I can remember, I've always wanted a houseful of children but that wasn't to be.

74. And I'm perfectly okay with that because Cameron's all I need to make me happy.

75. From the first contraction (pitocin induced) to the last push, it took me 3 hours and 37 minutes to deliver Cameron.

76. He was born 4 weeks early and spent 10 days in NICU.

77. His lungs were underdeveloped, he had pneumonia and a hole in his heart. Because of all that, he was considered a low stim baby and I wasn't allowed to touch or hold him until he was 6 days old.

78. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to face.

79. I hate mornings. Hate, hate, hate them. They're the enemy.

80. So needless to say, I'm not pleasant for the first couple hours after I get up.

81. I'm a hopeless romantic who believes in happily ever after and all that sappy stuff.

82. Although I've never bought into that "one true love" scenario.

83. But I do believe that certain people are just meant to be a part of each others lives. You know... destiny, fate, karma, kismet, serendipity and all that.

84. I'm fairly sure that I sound hideous when I sing.

85. But I spent 4 years as a soprano in chorus.

86. I dated someone that I met online for all of 2 months.

87. It was a horrible experience... he was a complete asshole and a lousy lay.

88. When I was 20, I was a nanny for a set of twins. I got trashed with their mother and her boyfriend one night and well, we had a bit of fun.

89. Amazingly, I didn't get fired. Oh, stop looking at me like that. They're the ones who got me drunk not the other way around.

90. That's just one example of why Aimee can't be left unsupervised around alcohol.

91. I was the Vice President of the Ecology Club in high school but I wasn't a very good one.

92. Why, you ask? Well, I jumped out of a canoe into the Loxahatchee River during a canoe trip because a spider landed on my leg. Spiders? Gators? Apparently I'd rather swim with the gators.

93. I got married at Soldiers of the Cross of Christ in Miami in front of about 70 people when I was 3 months pregnant.

94. But apparently I'm fickle because I did it again under a gazebo on the garden terrace at Crystal Lake Country Club in front of over a 100 people when Cameron was 4 months old.

95. Because Cameron was taken care of by his tía Loida and abuela Mara while I worked, he didn't start to speak english until he was 2 years old.

96. His first word was "agua".

97.Except for the eyes (his are more moss green, mine lean towards aqua), Cameron and I are carbon copies of each other (in attitude too).

98. I'm not overly religious. I believe in God but I don't go to church nor would I ever force my child to.

99. But my in-laws are VERY religious. They're Seventh Day Adventist Missionaries and they push religion BIG time. I respect their beliefs but it doesn't affect the way I live my life.

100. Today, August 5th 2005, is Cameron's last day of pre-school. It's off to kindergarten Monday. I've got butterflies.

Now, I'm off to find something else to entertain myself with.

P.S. Have I ever mentioned how absent minded I can be sometimes? I bought a card for someone that I was supposed to mail right away or else they'd never get it. Well, I just flipped to the back of my calendar to look up a phone number I have jotted back there and guess what I found? Yep, the card is still where I stuck it 3 weeks ago. One day I'll get it together, I swear I will.

Another P.S. My sister stopped by for a visit a bit ago and I'm so envious, she has the most beautiful eyes. Sigh. They're such a beautiful shade of blue. Lucky bitch. Have I ever mentioned that I absolutely adore blue eyes, they're just so gorgeous (And, mmm, men with blue eyes make me tingly).

2 Comments:

At Fri Aug 05, 03:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

51. I'm near sighted to it sux doesn't it?

58. LMAO that's hard to believe. ;)

62. Phew fairly decent? Girl you've got to be shittin me. I love your stories. You improved so much. I reread "Chance Encounters" the other day and I saw the difference to your newer fics clearly. You can and have to be proud of your skills.

65.&66. Omg that sucks so much. I'm truely sorry you had to expierence this.

67. I feel ya. When I watched "Saw"(scariest horror movie I've ever seen) I had nightmares(had to eat my daddy's ear while he was sleeping) and I had terrors being alone.

69. Aw me too. I love to get head massages I *always* fall asleep.

77. Aw poor Cameron. I have holes in my heart, too, it sucks very much.

88. OMG we have a saying over here (don't know if you know it) it goes like: "silent waters are deep and dirty". Dirty little girl. LOL

90. Oh God I'm still laughing at that. Alcohol and me don't get along either. My friends always tease me about it.


Thanks for sharing this. It was so much fun to read it.

Love,
Tine

PS: The pic is adoreable.

 
At Sun Aug 07, 08:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww...cameron looks so cute in his gown and cap!

i've always wondered if i can write up 100 hundred little facts about me that most people don't know. we'll have to see.....

(sorry i've been away!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home