The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Gracias, Mis Amigos...

Oh gosh, I got flowers at work from Nicky (I never get flowers, usually only on Administrative Professionals Day... I'd never, ever had flowers delivered to me until I started working here and they're still the only ones who really send me any (well except for when Cameron was born and she who shall remain nameless when I had surgery last year) so it was cool but I digress) and I got balloons, 2 gift certificates from Kim, 4 gift certificates from Cathy and a bunch of cards from the lovely folks I work with. Oh, oh and a cake (not good for my diet but who cares - LOL). They're all so sweet.

Angie put up those adorible smilies and sang 'Happy Birthday' in an e-mail for me, as did Evan on his blog (I love you both so much. *kisses*hugs*).

Oh and Tine sang 'Happy Birthday' to me too through an IM (sweet, sweet, sweet) and I got e-cards from Thaly-Ann and Jeff (adorible).

And the calls (not from any of you, sadly) at work were wonderful. It's cool to pick up the phone and instead of some homeowner, supplier, etc. ready to argue over one bloody thing or another, it's someone calling to wish me a happy birthday.

I'm not really doing anything too terribly exciting to celebrate my 30th, just dinner with my parents. I've already gotten all of my gifts from my family (my Anger Management 3 tickets and my trip to Disney) except from my Dad. Drew and I don't really exchange gifts anymore except at Christmas but he usually gets me a card (I love cards). And I'm waiting on Angie's (YAY) gift, she told me she's sending it out soon, I love her gifts cause they're very special to me. Oh and Christie is taking me to Benihana (maybe tomorrow) so we can drink too much and get silly together plus, we're gonna hit ADW cause she wants to buy me a bunny for my birthday and if that waskly wabbit does the trick, I might have to retire Old Faithful, we shall see (that was over-share again... oops).

Well, there are a couple of you that mean more to me than I could possibly express (you two know how much you mean to me, right?) but, all of you are extraordinary people and I'm grateful that you've become a part of my life, you made me feel very special today. Thank you.

And hey, one of you go wild for me tonight, will ya?

~ * Aimee * ~

3 Comments:

At Thu Aug 04, 01:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Fri Aug 05, 02:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome sweety. ;) I couldn't call you cause I don't got your Number and it would probably cost me a fortune. :(

Love,
Tine

 
At Fri Aug 05, 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Awww but Tine, I know you would've called me if you could and that's all that matters!!

XoXo

Love,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home