The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Aimee's Entry - For Angie *kiss*...

NOTE: I didn't check this for mistakes so there are probably a few.

This whole entry is for the beautifully wonderful Angie, my bestest friend...

I've been feeling out of sorts lately. Not a bad out of sorts but a good out of sorts (if that makes any sense) and I talked to Angie about it yesterday and you know what? No matter what I tell her, from the ridiculously inane to the extremely serious she always knows exactly what to say to put things into perspective for me. So, thanks Angie. You know how much I love you, right?

Okay, on to what she really wants to hear about...

The "Anger Management III Tour"...

Have I mentioned recently how hot it is in Florida? No? Well let me tell you, standing in a crowded amphitheater with thousands of hyped up people in this heat is kind of like sunbathing in hell. It's certainly sweaty, that's for damn sure. But I'll quit complaining about the 10 lbs. I probably sweated off last night because it was SO worth it. That man is just... ahhhh ...but I'm getting ahead of myself here because sadly he was the last one to hit the stage so we'll come back to him later.

First I've got say, Eminem's concerts are such a mix bagged of nuts when it comes to people. Seriously. We were sitting next to this girl that couldn't have been more than 11, she was accompanied by her mother and she was just so incredibly cute. It was refreshing. And she wasn't the youngest kid I saw, there was this little boy in the pit that looked about 8. It was crazy. There were these 2 couples sitting in the front row, just behind the pit that had to be in their 60's. Drew leaned over and asked me, "You think they got their concerts crossed or something?" LOL. And there was certainly an awesome array of breasts to ogle, they sure as shit kept Drew entertained. But the most interesting thing I saw all night was this woman, I'd say she was about my age and she had to weigh 300 lbs. easy. Now, I'm not bitchy about weight because I know what it's like to feel fat but God, what she was wearing was, ummm, I don't know how to explain it? I don't know if I can do this outfit proper justice. It was a skirt that started at what one would assume was her pubic bone and ended just beneath her massive backside and a halter top that was barely there (trust me) in fire engine red with "Property of 50 Cent" airbrushed in black all over it. The most hideous thing was her stomach, it was awful and it was just right there, ya know? Just jiggling endlessly with every move she made. Drew leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I bet 50 doesn't even know he owns a house in Palm Beach and on an acre -- at least -- of land." I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help myself. It was pretty bad and what I'm wondering is, why on earth would her friend let her out of the house looking like that?

Alright, I'm done people watching. On to the show...

Lil John and his crew were up first. Their stage set-up was fucking awesome and they were really good getting the crowd hyped but there's only so much crunk I can take and an hour was a bit too long for me. But they did some good shit, Lil John came down into the audience and performed 'Lovers and Friends' which was cool.

Moving on...

50 Cent and G-Unit were up next. Have I ever mentioned that I love Lloyd Banks? I do. YUM. He looked fantabulous. Yeah, yeah, yeah... so did 50. And 50 came flying onstage from somewhere up above and that had peeps breaking sound records. They were fucking awesome. 50, Banks, Young Buck, Yayo and Olivia put on a bad ass performance. My favorite part was Young Buck's performance of Snoop's 'Drop it like it's Hot' and 'Mary Jane'. And we got the added bonus of Mobb Deep who's now signed to G-Unit Records, I love him and it was awesome to see him perform. MOP was there with them too and they're aiight. They ended it with some of 50's older tracks like 'In Da Club' and 'Wanksta' then they hit some of G-Unit's popular tracks like 'Hate it or Love it' (minus Game - LOL) and 'Wanna Get to Know You' where they'd stop the music if they didn't see everyone's hands in the air. 50 kept ragging on this poor guy in the front of the pit and the crowd was booing him.

After they got off stage there was an incredibly long intermission but it was cool cause Aimee had to pee something fierce which wasn't any easy feat and I needed some water to replenish cause with all that sweating I'm surprised I was still standing (I'm such a wimp, eh?).

Intermission over and on came the man. Eminem. Sigh. His stage set-up was killer, I don't know how to explain it? It was multi-leveled and just fucking cool. The show started with a video depicting his contemplation with "suicide" (you know, the whole theme of Encore and killing off his alter-ego's) and he came out performing 'Evil Deeds' dressed in a suit. After that, the lights went down for a minute and they came back up to the opening music of 'Mosh' and he was in a white tank and red and black track pants (he changes quick, BTW). 'Mosh' was awesome, they had this guy on the top level dressed in a suit wearing a Bush mask and he was flipping off the crowd. He addressed his retirement... he basically said he wasn't planning on retiring anytime soon but if he did decide to retire and ever came back out of retirement there wouldn't be anymore Slim Shady or Eminem only Rainman which was, of course, his opening to perform Rainman. He openly said the he was married to Kim in his opening skit to 'Puke', he changed that song a bit, aiming it at Mariah Carey instead of Kim. He changed again somewhere in there but I can't remember when? And I was SO happy because he album hopped a lot and didn't just stick to Encore. My favorite performance was 'Just Don't Give A Fuck' from the SSLP and then there was 'Kill You' from the MMLP, it rocked (SSLP and MMLP are my favorites, BTW). He performed 'Git Up', 'How Come', 'Pour Your 40 Out' and 'My Band' with D12, he did 'Cheers' with Obie Trice and then Obie and Stat Quo did 'Set Up' and one of Stat Quo's songs that I'd never heard and he did 'Patiently Waiting' and 'Gat Man' with 50. He tested the audience on their "hip hop" knowledge by making the audience sing "La Di Da Di" by Slick Rick, "Just A Friend" by Biz Markee, "Nuthin' But A G Thang" by Dre Dre and Snoop Dogg and "My Name Is" by Eminem (LOL) with him, it was fun. He did a skit where he apologized to Michael Jackson for offending him that just about made me piss my pants. He ended up throwing a bunch of cloth baby dolls into the audience wearing a surgical mask and then, of course, he performed 'Just Lose It'. After 'Just Lose It' he said his goodbyes and all that and people started to leave but he wasn't finished. A couple minutes after he left the stage the "suicide" movie started up again, following the theme of his CD, he ended up shooting himself in the head but it was a prop gun and the only thing that came out was that "Bang" sign. He sighed and said, "I swear, every time I try this shit, the same fucking thing happens. So, do y'all want me to come back out there? Then make some fucking noise. I said make some fucking noise." He ended the show with 'Lose Yourself'.

It was an awesome show, all around. I had a good time but I missed you Angie, I wish your coming her would've worked out. Next time.

3 Comments:

At Wed Aug 03, 01:25:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

*sighs*

I wish I could have been there too. Next time for sure.

Thank you for taking the time and posting all this up. It made me smile and feel better!

Love ya babe! I'm glad you had a good time! Maybe got those EmFic fires burning again??

*kisses and hugs*

Ang

 
At Wed Aug 03, 03:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I'm so jealous now, Aimee, cause I surely don't got the money to go to a concert in Germany.*crying histericly*

Love,
Tine

 
At Thu Aug 04, 08:43:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Angie,

You're welcome. Anything for you, my love.

Yes, definitely next time (*kiss*)

Hmmm, about those fires... maybe (*wink*).


Tine,

Awww, I'm sorry sweetheart but it's okay, I blew him tons of kisses for you (*wink*).

Xo,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home