The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Angie's Entry - More rambling

I'm staring at the blank screen, thinking of a thousand things I should type up, but it doesn't seem to be working. I tried posting an entry yesterday, but nothing came to mind. Correction - nothing of importance or revelance came to mind.

I did talk to my friend Teresa Tuesday night for about two hours. Chuck (Doug. Chuck was a nickname given to him when he used to live with three girls. Ya know - Charles in Charge?) is Teresa's brother in law, who is home for a two week leave from Iraq. Well the Chuckster had a few too many on Friday night and decided to lay out on the deck that he'd helped bulid earlier that day with Jason (Jason is Teresa and Kelli's brother, oh sorry. Kelli is Doug's wife. See there's a reason I haven't posted. My brain is very jumbled lately.)
Well, Jason and Doug didn't finish the deck completely, they ran out of time and didn't get the railing put up. And Doug in his drunken state wanted to just hang out on the deck. So Kelli went to bed.
Fifteen minutes later Kelli wakes up and Doug is standing in the doorway of their bedroom, crying. Kel, there's something wrong.
What is it?
Are you okay?
No, something's really wrong.
Like I need to call an ambulance wrong or what Doug?
I dunno, but I think I need to go to the hospital.

So off to the hospital they go. Well, they end up sending him right down to Regions (they live in New Richmond, WI and small town hospitals don't want anything to do with trauma vics, so they send them to the "cities" - immediately)

Here it turns out, poor Chuck broke his neck in two places. They said that being drunk probably helped, but the 10 foot fall he took off the side of the deck didn't. Now as Teresa is re-telling this saga to me, I can't help but laugh hysterically. If you knew Chuck, and Kelli, this would be hysterical to you too. Chuck is one of the funniest guys I have ever met. So for this to happen to him - it just fits him.

He was only susposed to be here for a two week leave from Iraq, Chuck is a marine, then he had another four months before he was due to come home. So now that this has happend, the marines have put him on medical leave, which means he can't go back to Iraq. Depending on how long it takes him to recover, he may have to finish out his duty at a base somewhere.

Oh, Chuck, the things you get yourself into!!

I'm going up to the cabin with Teresa this weekend. I think it's just her and I going. We have barely seen each other at all this summer, which is really unusual for us. So I'm excited.

Dumbfuck texted me Tuesday morning. Did I tell you that? Here's how it went:
Him: Are you still alive
Me: Yeah. Glad to see you are too
Him: Call ya in a few

As you can guess, I didn't hold my breath. I emailed Katie and told her. I also told her that if he wants something to happen between us, then he needs to step up and be the guy. I'm not gonna drop my shit and run to him just cause he calls. I'm not gonna sit by the phone on Friday or Saturday night and wait for him to call. Fuck that. I did that, and I'm not gonna do it anymore.

He needs to step up.

So Tuesday night while I'm, on the phone with Teresa, laughing my ass off cause of Chuck, dumbfuck texts me again. Twice. This time I didn't even bother to look at his messages until I was done with what I was doing. So when Teresa and I get off the phone, around 10, I check to see what was so important. Ya know what he texted me the first time?
I'm Rick James bitch!
The next one he sent was: Hello?
So I texted him back: I was on the phone with Teresa.

And you know what's coming next. I haven't heard anything since. And because I'm going out of town this weekend, my phone doesn't get good reception where the cabin is - so oh fuckin well.

Yesterday after Katie and I got done walking, she asked me to be one of her personal attendants. She's so cute.

My Brother's best friends wedding is next weekend. I really don't want to go. But I am or my mom is gonna be pissed. And they've been best friends since they were like 5.

Nicole has a softball tournament in the same town that weekend. So hopefully Saturday I can meet up with them and watch a few games. Maybe Sunday too. I think my mom wants us to drive up together but I'm against that idea. I like to crank the radio, smoke and drive the two hours straight through. My mom doesn't do well driving long distances like that. The ex and I used to drive up to Duluth and come back in one day. She never understood how we could do that. I dunno, we just did. We'd drive up to his parents house and come back the same day too. And that's only an hour drive. So I'm not sure what the game plan is and I'm not leaving at 5, at the height of rush hour. No way.

I made my first stir-fry on Tuesday night, all by myself! I have this obsession with broccoli in garlic sauce. I have an obsession with garlic, the more the better. I'd seen my mom make stir-fry a thousand times, but never done it myself. I almost cheated and used a packaged season mix I bought, but I wanted to try the sauces I'd bought first before I admitted failure. To my surprise it turned out rather well. I only used two cloves of fresh garlic and next time I'll be using three or four. The smell of garlic as it's crushed is fantastic!! And the color green that broccoli turns while it's steaming with water and garlic is a beautiful thing. I'm a dork I know.
I had to call my mom and tell her what I'd done cause I was proud of myself. Next time I'm going to be sure and get some snap peas, carrotts and use some of my "razzy red pepper sauce" that's been adorning my stove for a year, but never opened cause it's too pretty to open!

And since there's nothing exciting going on in my life, I'll share with you the life of my friends.

Tom, Teresa's mostly ex, has gone and lost his mind this time around. Poor Tom and poor Teresa and Brit (Teresa's daughter, she's 12 soon to be 13 in August). It's a bad situation all the way around but Teresa can't live in limbo anymore, waiting on Tom to make up his mind. And I don't blame her one bit. The long and short? Teresa wants to get married (they've been together for about ten years) and Tom won't. Earlier this year he told her it was over and that she had to move out. So after she finally scraped herself off the floor from complete devestation, she got pissed off and moved out.
She was miserable for a long time and Tom didn't realize how empty the house would be without her and Brit in it and begged her to come back. She told him under no uncertain terms would she move back in until they were married. They started counceling and things seemed to be working back to good.
The lease on the apartment Teresa's in is up in September and she asked him what was going on. He said he wasn't going to get married, he wasn't going to let her pressure him so she said, fine then it's over. For good this time. Cause you're not going to do this to me and Brit. I'm not going to move back to have you do this to us in a year or six months or whenever the mood strikes you. So fine, I'm moving on. You can't spend every night here, you wanted to be on your own, so go do it.

And That's when Tom went psycho. I've seen him go nuts before.

There's never a dull moment between these two I tell ya. But after talking to Teresa, it sounds to me like she's really done this time. She's not playing games to get what she wants, she just wants to be done. He's not the same person he used to be and she's turned off by the person he's become. So if he wants her back, he's got a lot of things to put in order.

So we're not sure if we're going to the cabin this weekend. Cause if Tom's there, then she doesn't want to be. Which I totally understand. But Brit wants to go to the cabin and Teresa doesn't know what to tell her.

So it could be an interesting weekend!

Boy this is a long entry!

2 Comments:

At Thu Jul 28, 11:01:00 AM, Blogger grave_creek said...

OUCH!!!!!you sure doug is alright??? i mean..wow breaking his neck in two places?? thats like crazy right there..im surprised he wasnt in agony...alcohol sure does lessen the pain....
lucky you!! going to the cabin and all!!! stuck at home with homework!!! dammit!!lol!!you make sure you enjoy yourself for me okay???that is if youre going,if not..well welcome to the club sister!!!

 
At Thu Jul 28, 01:52:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Yup, Chuck is ok. He's totally immobilized from his chin to his mid-chest. They also said that because he's in such good shape right now, that helped too.

He's on bed rest for about a month. There's a bone that chipped and they're watching that closely. The one place he cracked his bone will heal up just fine, but the other place, he broke it in a Z pattern and that's where the chip came from. So, their watching the chip but expect him to be just fine in a couple months.

He was in pain but morphine and now peroscet is a wonderful thing!!

I'll have fun, Teresa and I always do together! Thanks love!

Ang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home