The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Aimee's Completely Untitillating Weekend...

Dios Mio, I'm tired. Trekking through what feels like a hundred stores with a capricious five year old in tow is work, let me tell you. I feel like I could sleep for a week and the fact that I spent last night worshipping the porcelain God didn't help either. I'm beat.

Well let's see, what's happened since last I posted here?

Umm... Friday, I registered Cameron for school (that was a rough one, I cried again. I'm such a sap). But, he'll be starting kindergarten in 15 days and I'm not sure how I feel about that. He's my baby, you know? The only one I've got and the older he gets, the more independent he gets. He's only 5 and there's so much he doesn't depend on me for already. Sigh. The little monster is growing up on me and it's making me a bit sad.

Oh, oh, oh... there was a UPS envelope on my doorstep when I got home on Friday. My first birthday present had arrived. I didn't even have to open it to know what was inside but that didn't stop me from tearing into it like a kid in a candy store. So, now I've got my Anger Management Tour 3 tickets and only 9 more days to wait. YAY.

Saturday, I didn't do a damn thing. Honestly. I laid around being lazy until it was time to go to lunch. Drew had done a job for this guy who owns a restaurant in Lighthouse Point and he always pays Drew in food so he told us to come down for lunch. We did and it was good but something I ate bothered my stomach. I took a long nap when I came home because I didn't feel well and when I got up Drew wanted to take me to Carrabba's for dinner (it was supposed to be my last hoorah before I start the South Beach diet on Monday) but I should've skipped it because my stomach was still a mess from lunch. About an hour after we came home from dinner my trip through hell started. It was fucking miserable.

And because I had such a miserable night last night, today was tiring. My mom, Cameron and myself went shopping. We hit Walgreens, Sears, Stride Rite and Super Target to get the things Cameron's gonna need for school. They implemented this stupid uniform policy this year which really sucks. As far as regular clothes go, Cameron's okay but he doesn't have anything that fits into their uniform requirements so he had to get all new clothes and shoes for school. Bless my mother because without her help, I would've been in serious trouble. Apparently the school board thinks us parents are just rolling in it because that stuff isn't cheap. My mom spent over $200.00 today and we didn't get any actual supplies yet, just clothes and shoes. Supplies and a haircut are next weekend.

I'm so excited, my mom got the confirmation packet for our trip to Disney last week. God, I can't wait. Seriously. I need a vacation. The only kink in the whole thing is that when we made the reservations it was for my mom, my sister and myself and now my mom and my sister aren't speaking to each other so, Christie may not go now. Who knows? I hope she does because it'd be so good for the three of us to spend a few days alone together but I don't know if they'll get over this thing that's come between them before then.

You know what's really sad? My age is starting to show. Kim and I went to play Bingo (okay, stop all that laughing, it's actually pretty fun) last weekend and as she was flipping through radio stations we started talking about music. I commented that I was going to have to con one of my loving family members into buying me Air Supply's greatest hits CD and Kim laughed at me. It wasn't that funny (wait until she finds out I want Journey's greatest hits too).

And before I go...


Your Kissing Purity Score: 11% Pure

For you, it's all kiss and no talk.

You're in a permanent lip lock.



^^^ I object!!! I'm not that bad.

Oh well, that's about it for me. I still haven't started 'Origin In Death' and I'm a bit peeved at myself for that because normally I'd be done with it already. But with all this other stuff crowding my life lately, I just haven't had time. I'll have to work on changing that.

Night.

(P.S. I'm glad you guys liked your songs, we had a blast picking them out for you.)

3 Comments:

At Sun Jul 24, 11:50:00 PM, Blogger AJ said...

Uniforms are a drag (had to wear them my entire schooling life), the worst part is, he is likely to grow out of it really fast! Only japanese school girls can wear their kindergarten skirts until highschool... AJ

 
At Mon Jul 25, 08:47:00 AM, Blogger savante said...

A pure kiss?!

Paul

 
At Wed Jul 27, 09:42:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

androjane... They are a drag. Sigh. But what am I gonna do? LOL, you've got a point about the japanese school girls!!!


Paul... Kisses can be pure but they're typically no fun that way =P


Tom... Of corse I'll show you =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home