The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Aimee

Ah, it's cold out today (it was in the 40's when I left the house this morning and it's still in the 60's right now) and I like it. I really, really like it. Angie would probably laugh at me seeing as I whined like a contrary child every time it got a just bit chilly last year.

Speaking of Angie, I need her right now. I truly do. I've been in such a bad place lately and I need to talk to someone before I lose whatever small pieces of sanity I've managed to hold onto. And I just don't have anyone here physically that I can talk to. Besides, I think she'd understand what I'm feeling, she usually always does. We were text messaging last night, but I think I might actually call her tonight. I'm weird about calling people, I typically don't do it unless they ask me to because I have some hang-up about bothering people but I think I'm going to go against that and call her anyway.

And God, I have so much to do tonight. I'll be wrapping presents and making cookie bags until my eyes cross because tomorrow is when we're exchanging gifts at work. We don't do that whole "Secret Santa" thing because there are only 4 of us that actually work in the office and we're the only ones that exchange gifts with each other. But I have 4 gifts for Kim, 3 for her son Nick, 2 for Cathy and 2 for Terry, plus, cookie bags for Clyde and my 4 warehouse guys. And then I have to go out and get stocking stuffers for Cameron because I absolutely refuse to go into any retail outlet this weekend. I'm just not doing it. After that it's laundry and a few of the other domestic chores I loathe, plus, I have a writing deadline I've been foolishly ignoring and seeing as my word count is a bit (okay, a lot) short, I need to get my ass in gear.

Well, that's it for me today. I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home