The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

If common sense were so common, everyone would have it.

An inadequate amount of sleep has me feeling unusually blah, plus, I'm having one of those days where nothing about myself feels right. I feel ugly and fat and blah. Just blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, moving on...

My sister has been teasing me relentlessly all week (and I'm not going to discuss what about because it's just silly) and if she doesn't stop it I'm going to smack her upside that hard ass head of hers.

And speaking of my twisted sister, see if you can follow this one... last night, before she pissed me off, she sat down with the intent of writing a poem that she insists isn't hers but one she dreamt someone else wrote (for me, no less), and it was so good that if the person she dreamt wrote it wasn't going to actually write it, then she needed to. So, what I'm wondering here is, why the hell is Christie dreaming about other people writing poetry for me? And if she dreamt the poem in question, wouldn't it be hers as opposed to the person she dreamt wrote it?

Confused? I was. Completely. Hell, I still am. Oh well, we'll just chalk it up to her being eccentric.

But her eccentric nature does not excuse that other thoughtless bullshit she pulled last night. You see, Drew did this portrait of himself flipping me off that he hung up on the wall next to my computer just before he moved out and it drove Christie crazy that I wouldn't take it down.



Well, I finally took it down the other day when my dad and I were getting the daybed set up in the dining room and she just noticed last night. So, right in front of Cameron, she says...

"I'm glad you finally took his picture down. I know you were leaving it up to remind yourself what an asshole Drew is, but he made you miserable, Aimee. I know it, you know it and everyone else knows it too. He never trusted you, hell, he was always making jaded comments about you screwing around on him and what pisses me off the most is what he did to your self-esteem. You used to be so beautiful, but you let him kill your self-esteem by making you feel ugly and worthless. So you don't need that obnoxious picture to remind yourself of all the shit he's done to you. We all know he's an asshole."

Whatever Drew did to me, I let him do and while some of what she said is true, it's not something that should be discussed in front of his child. Ever. I didn't say anything to her about it last night because Cameron was sitting on the couch with my dad and when I turned around, he had his hands over his ears and was rocking back and forth whispering, "I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you." over and over again, but I will.

I don't know? I know she didn't do it intentionally, but God, I wish she'd use her brain sometimes and think before she opens her fucking mouth.

Sigh.

Today has just not been a good day.

I think I'll go home and cuddle with that cute little bear someone extremely special gave me for Christmas.

I hope you're all having a better one than I.

2 Comments:

At Wed Dec 21, 11:09:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. No matter how much I agree with her sentiment, I agree she was incredibly out of line to air it around Cameron.

As for the poem, while it's a poem she imagines from this other person, it's still hers, just in this person's imagined voice. I write poems in other voices sometimes too; it's fairly common. But it's her poem.

blah blah blah. wink

Oh, and I'm happy you like the bear!

 
At Thu Dec 22, 04:24:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Well, Drew didn't do anything to me that I didn't let him do (I did tell you that I double as a doormat, didn't I?), but she had a point. I just wish that she would've voiced that point at a different time and in a different place.

Well, she hasn't finished writing the poem that she still insists isn't hers so I have yet to read it. But I am curious to read it because Christie used to write some really fantastic poetry and then something happened and she kind of fell off. I actually wrote the last two poems that she gave to Dave for her because she couldn't do it herself (and that's pathetic because a poet, I am not). Hopefully she's got it back because she adores poetry.

And I love it, Evan. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home