The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

So...

Since g_c is curious as to how in hell I managed to burn my hand, I shall explain. But keep in mind that I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Alright, I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I have a thing for coffee--love the stuff--and for one reason or another I was really really in the mood for some last night and since I’m lazy, I asked my dad to make me some--super-fantastic man that he is, he did. Well, seeing as he made it and all, I figured it’d probably be wrong of me to ask him to fix me a cup too, so I got up off my lazy ass and wandered into the kitchen to make my own damn cup of coffee. My dad was still in the kitchen doing something or other with the pots and pans so I grabbed the coffee cup he’d set out for me and stuck it under the coffee maker (I have one of those coffee makers that doesn’t have a pot, you just press the cup against this big button thing-a-ma-jig and wallah), after which I proceeded to completely ignore what I was doing while I stared intently at my dad, trying to figure out what the hell he was doing with those damn pots and pans. Anyhow, while I was busy watching my dad play with the pots and pans my coffee cup reached it’s capacity and that scalding hot coffee I was wanting so bad had nowhere else to go but all over my hand. And because I have no sense, instead of letting go of the cup like any rational person would do, I held on to it. Then to make it that much more fun, like the genius I am, I headed for the sink (on the opposite side of the kitchen) sloshing more scalding hot coffee all over my hand and the floor and the counter and every damn place.

Dumb, dumb, dumb but well, what can I say? I do some dumb shit sometimes.

1 Comments:

At Wed Apr 19, 03:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww hun!!!now i know they say that some people need their coffee first thing in the morning to wake up,but aint this takin it a bit far???had no idea you actually had to throw the coffee over you instead of drinkin it!!lol!! you a funny one aintcha? big kisses on the boubou to make it better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home