The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Aimee--Thank You!

I'd been in an odd little mood all week so I wasn't really looking all that forward to my birthday (I mean, who really wants to get older, right), but alas, it came despite my not wanting it to and it ended up being an extremely wonderful day.

Cathy and Clyde and Bill decorated my office and when I got there they sang me the "Happy Birthday" song, it was somewhat off tune, but absolutely lovely, and gave me a card from everyone, it was awesome and I had a great time giggling over all the messages inside (Bob, one of the shop guys, wrote, "When you get a little older, I will take you out to Outbacks for dinner, then we'll have a wild time." And I'll have you know, Bob, being in his late 60's is still extremely young and spry at heart. LOL. He's fantastic and one of my absolute favorite people). Kim came in a bit later and brought me a beautiful bouquet of red and yellow roses. Just before lunch, they gave me my gifts--(4)-$25 Gift Cards to Barnes and Noble from Cathy and Clyde, a $25 Gift Card to Borders and a $25 Gift Card to Target from Kim, Dean and Nick and $31 dollars in cash (a dollar for every year of my life) from Terry. After gifts, they (Kim and Cathy) took me to lunch at "La Bamba's", I had Ropa Vieja and it was delicious--it was so much fun! Later that afternoon we had cake (Cathy made it) and that was wonderfully delicious too! Yum.

My dad dropped Cameron off at my work and my mom swung by to pick us up just after 5:00 and we headed to "Little Havana" for my birthday dinner! It was a lovely dinner, the food was fantastic and it was so nice sharing a relaxing meal with just my mom and my Cameron! Before we left, she gave me a card that made me all misty because it was so incredibly beautiful and a $100 Visa Gift Card so I can buy myself some new clothes. When I got home, my dad and papaw gave me another beautiful card that made me equally as misty and a $100 Gift Card to Walmart for more clothes.

Like I said, an extremely wonderful day.

And thanks to everyone else (Evan, Angie, Jeff, Nina) who's love made the day extra special. I think you're all splendid.

My roses from Kim

My gifts

Cameron

Cameron and my Mommy

My Mommy

My Mommy and me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home