The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, July 31, 2006

Aimee.

Aside from a most lovely phone conversation with my Angie Sunday morning and an impromptu trip to the skate park with Cameron and Drew in the evening, the rest of my weekend was utter shit. Really and truly.

Anyhow, I finally got up the nerve to climb one of those rock wall things yesterday (I did it twice) and though it was a bit harsh on my bare feet, I had a blast and I did this mock bungy jumping thing and that was badass, oh, and though it's been too many years to count, I somehow managed to do a 360 on Cameron's skateboard without falling off and busting my ass--Go Me! I won't be doing it again, of course, but it was comforting to know that I'm still somewhat coordinated.

And it's odd, but all of a sudden this awkward feeling of displacement has crept up on me. I dunno.

And that's all because as I said, the rest of the weekend was, for the most part, utter shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home