The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, July 21, 2006

Aimee--Five Questions for Moi...

Brought to you from the recesses of Evan's rather creative mind. And, Evan, I forgive you...

And since I've vetoed any further question asking on my part, don't ask (pretty please). If you'd like to ask me questions, I'm game, I'll answer, but seeing as my mind can only take so much abuse, I don't think it'd be beneficial to my sanity (heh) to be asking any more myself.


1. Your blog is called the Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie but as I read through it, your mind doesn't really seem overly twisted to me (which is meant to be a compliment), nor does Angie's (though she does post much less frequently). So I would like to know why the two of you chose that name for your blog?

Why? Hmm. You know, I’m not really sure honestly. BUT when Angie and I started this blog we were just coming out of a bunch of bullshit drama that started on another site and on more than one occasion, one of the bitches involved (the one who started the whole ridiculous mess actually) made some snarky comments about my/our mental state (which is ironic seeing as she was fruitier than a damn fruitcake), so in a subtle way, I suppose the title was our way of telling her to piss off.

2. One thing I've noticed you don't blog very much about is religion. What are your personal religious beliefs and are they the same as those you were raised with or have they developed separately from the rest of your family?

I don’t really much blog about politics either, but in case you’re curious, I’m a democrat, who leans a tad more towards the liberal side most times. LOL. As to my religious beliefs, honestly, I’m actually somewhat ambivalent towards religion. I suppose I’m more of the “live and let live” type. That‘s not to say that I don‘t believe in God, I do, but I do not believe as most religious folks do, that you have to conform and live your life in accordance with what the bible dictates. The fact that I do not find myself sitting in a house of worship every Sunday morning (or Saturday night, depending on which religion it is you practice) or that my bible hasn’t been opened in longer than I can remember or that I don’t say my prayers with any regularity or that I do not condemn those who live their lives alternatively or by a different set of standards than what the bible purports does not mean that I‘m walking the road to perdition. Are these beliefs the same as those I was raised with? No, not nearly. I was raised as a Christian (my mother still practices Christianity, but my sister has recently converted to Catholicism) and I spent most of my younger years up on into my teens involved in one way or another with my church, I was in Sunday School bright and early every week, I was in the church choir and in church plays, so on and so forth, but somewhere along the line I separated myself from that or rather became my own person and went my own way. My lack of devotion to my religion agitates my mother, especially the fact that, according to her, I am not teaching Cameron to embrace religion by not taking him to church on a regular basis, but since she loves me and I will not change who I am or how I feel to please anyone, she has to accept that I am what I am and what I am is and probably never will be an overly religious person.

3. One of the clearest things about you is your total devotion to your son. You're a great mother, but are also on record as not planning to have another ever. What led to your decision to not have another child?

Thank you, sweets--I do love my Cameron ridiculously, he is my life. But the decision not to have another child was very hard for me because for a long time after Cameron was born, I quite desperately wanted to have another child, more than I could possibly express, but between the high risks to myself and my child during pregnancy due to my illness (which is actually a small factor) and Drew’s adamant and unswayable stance about not having another child, it was eventually decided that Cameron would be our only.

4. What exactly is your job? As much as you can legally say if there are non disclosure agreements involved.

Nope, no non-disclosure agreements involved. My job is that of an Administrative Assistant, which sort of sometimes translates to a glorified secretary (LOL). I work for a commercial irrigation contractor and my responsibilities are wide and varied, let’s see… the phones, dispatch, work orders, proposals, locations, payroll taxes, entering and marking paid supplier invoices, vouchers for monthly billing, time cards, gathering employee (new and old) info, disciplinary warnings, workers comp claims, health insurance apps (etc), stocking office supplies, copying, faxing, filing, shipping… I’m sure there are things I’m missing, but that’s the gist.

5. I'm a massive movie snob and the answer to this might be the most important answer you can give. What is your all time favorite movie and why?

Movie snob, you? LOL. Am I allowed to say “Grease” or will that get me in trouble? I’m just joking, though I actually really do love “Grease”. I’m not near the movie snob your are, sweets, but if I have to pick an all time favorite (which is far harder than it sounds), I’m going to have to go with “The Shawshank Redemption”. Why? Because it was engrossing and powerful and moving and inspirational. If you allow yourself to become engaged in this movie, to connect with the plot and the characters, it will touch emotions within yourself that you’d probably rather not have touched and take you to places that you’d more than likely rather not go, but can’t help but be entranced by them--it certainly leaves its mark or at least for me it did. I’ve watched this movie a million times and I could watch it a million more without growing tired of it. I’m also rather enamored with “The Green Mile”, “Forrest Gump”, “Pump Up the Volume”, “Gleaming the Cube”, “The Goonies” and “A Few Good Men” to name some of my favorites…

1 Comments:

At Fri Jul 21, 11:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aimee -

just a little message to thank you again for letting me write our story, "Shattered Lives and Broken Dreams". It touched me a lot. You know, many persons missing you on SF. So, just like them, it made me so happy to see you logged in and posted tonight.

Finally, I will wrote the story by myself. Catalina and Miggs will correct my grammar and my vocabulary for the next chapters.

Do you know if Angie still write fictions? I will probably use many scenes she has written for the fourth chapter. Of course, I will put her name (Taz) in my post when I will update the story.

I want you to know that if someday you feel the need to continue this story, it will always be my pleasure to share it with you. Always.

Lots of love sweetie ;),

Thaly-Ann xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home