The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Aimee.

So, I'm driving home from work yesterday, just minding my own business, doing my own thing, so on and so forth when this spiffy little Mazda changes lanes and ends up in front of me, cute car, I liked it, but the back was littered with bumper sticker and for reasons that elude me, it annoys me when people do that. One--okay, two--well, if you must, but after that it just starts looking cluttered and obnoxious.

Anyway, Mr. Mazda was sporting a good majority of them, but the three he had in a row on the top of the back bumper caught my attention and I had to shake my head in pity at the poor misguided fellow. To the left he was proudly displaying his, "Bush/Cheney '04" bumper sticker, the middle, of course, was reserved for his brash, "Proud to be a Republican" bumper sticker and off to the right was his ever so lovely, "Jesus is the reason for the Season" bumper sticker.

Really, all I have to says is, ignorance must really be bliss.

And that's all, it's been a busy and uneventful week, but I do so hope you all are having a lovely one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home