The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Aimee's Entry--Just a bunch of rambling, LOL.

You know, I have been in bed by 11 o'clock every night this week, it's an odd thing as I'm typically up until some ridiculous hour, but since I haven't been feeling at all well the last few days, it's been nice catching up on my sleep. I feel human today--a very cool thing.

Anyhow, while I was wandering around the net yesterday, I found these shoes at Beall's that I fell hopelessy in love with and I decided that I must have them! I must!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Arent't they cute? Anyway, I tried to con my mother into thinking it was a fabulous idea that she get them for me because you know, I'm like the wonderfullest daughter ever! But she wasn't buying it, literally and figuratively. She said, "Yes, Aims, those are adorible, you should have them, you really should! Let's go to Beall's after we work out so you can buy them for yourself." Isn't she mean? Well, she's really not, but still...

I also saw that they have my flip flops on sale and since I wear the ones I currently have to death, I'm thinking I should pick up another pair while they're still around. It's a crazy thing, but flip flops and sandals disappear and are magically replaced with more winter-like shoes some time shortly before Fall. I don't get that? I mean, it does get cold down here in South Florida, but the days it actually gets cold enought to wear winter-like shoes are so few and far between that it makes no sense to push them like they do.

And my Cameron is still not back and he won't be until July 7th (or knowing my mother-in-law, the 8th or the 9th), and I miss him something fierce, I really really do! He called me on Sunday because he had a bad dream during nap time and it was so lovely getting to talk to him. You see, usually when he's up there, our phone conversations are very short because he's anxious to get back to playing with his cousins, but this time he actually talked with me for a bit and it was wonderful! I can not wait until he comes home, I've started driving myself crazy counting the days!

Oh and I watched "Million Dollar Baby" this Sunday--absolutely incredible movie, but so very very sad! I cried and cried and cried, but still, if you haven't already, you should definitely watch it.

I was supposed to (and still might) go work out with my mom tonight, but before she left last night she told me she's thinking of going to church instead. I'd rather her come work out with me, but if she doesn't, it's alright, we'll just go together tomorrow night. And hopefully I'll be able to convince myself to get up in time to go this Saturady morning before they close, I've meant to go the last few Saturdays, but I always seem to be running behind and if you're not there by 11:30 am, it's a no go. And hey, if I don't go to Curves tonight (I hate going alone, you know), I can still roll around on my exercise ball and play with my weights before settling in to try and get a bit further into "Promise Me" by Harlan Coben--I love him, he's super-fantastic!

And that's all. I hope everyone is having a positively peachy week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home