The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Angie's entry - It's Super Sized!

So do you really want to hear about how my vacation sucked? I could give you a day by day breakdown of events? I dunno, let's see what's been goin on since the last time I posted a few weeks back. How bad is it that I'm going to have to go back and see what I posted? Bad, and pretty boring I don't say so myself.

Monday May 29th, good gosh I'm a freaking slacker.

Can you believe that June is almost over? Summer officially starts tomorrow but it's been summer here for at least two months.

Ok, Here's what I can remember happening and to warn you - it's really nothing exciting.

Brother - got a new car, ot SUV I should say. He just got it last weekend I believe, but it's better than the piece of crap he had. He ended up leasing, which he wasn't real hot on, but it got him into a brand new vehicle for a good price. It's reliable and if he ever has any trouble with it all he has to do is call his girlfriends' dad, who sold it to him and he's good to go. I'm just glad that he's gotten something new. Some thing that won't leave him stranded somewhere with a huge repair bill.

Hottie - had a head wound. Ha ha ha! I love sayin that! The last time I was at Sista's for memorial day weekend, he had his son(which he wasn't susposed to) and went jet skiing, was messin around and sorta got his ass kicked by the jet ski. Poor baby! I told Sista that, that was his punishment for not hanging out with us and not playing the safer,non-head wound causing game of Texas Hold Em!
I haven't seen him since the weekend we slept together. I could have seen him last Friday before I left for Vegas, but I declined. Sista offered to go over to his house, right next door and get us inside, but I said no. She's like, I'd do it for you. I said no, he'll open the door and be like -0h no not you again! She insisted that he wouldn't but I said, no.
He was at home on a Friday night surfing the web about Vegas, which he leaves for this Thursday with his only other single friend that I've met before, he came up and played cards with us a few times.
I've been getting crap from friends about not moving things along with him, so I emailed my Sista yesterday and asked her what she thought if I sent him a text message on his cell. She was gettin ready to leave for the day, is in training today and will give me her thoughts tomorrow when she gets back into the office.
Sometimes she stumps me. The weekend he and I hooked up she was all for us, tellin me that for sure I wasn't reading his flirtation the wrong way and to go for it. Now, since the ex/DWI thing she's really pulled back and I can't figure out why. Maybe cause she knows more about his ex than she did before? But he's still the same guy. So I'm not sure what changed her opinion. I know that she only wants the very best for me, but the perfect guy isn't out there.
But like I've told others, even though I didn't see him on Friday, there's a certain comfort in knowing that he was at home surfing the net and not out on a date with some chick that wasn't me!!! :)
I'm sad and pathetic I know!!

So he's going out of town for the weekend and so am I.


So yesterday when we left sports fans, things had some promise, today - not so much. Sista got back to me on the cell phone number plan I had and explained why she's hot and cold.

Ready?

He's not over some girl he dated before. I'm not sure how the time line works but, she's apparently the reason that things didn't work out with his baby's mama. Cause of this other chick. He and sista had a few drinks and got into some big deep conversation a few weeks back and he told her that no matter how hard he tries he can't get over this chick. Sounds like the problem my brother is or was having. Hanging onto someone that doesn't want you. Sucks.

So my crappy mood is even crappier. Just when things are looking up for me, something like this comes along and kicks me in the teeth. Just when I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm meant to be alone, someone like him comes along and makes me think that I can be happy, I deserve to be happy with a good guy, turns out to be too good to be true. Story of my life.

My friend Katie says that just cause of this other chick, doesn't mean that he doesn't have feelings for me. But Aimee, hit the nail on the head when she said "I get what Katie's saying because my mind traveled that path too, but I didn't say it because that way of thinking breeds more hope and if that isn't the way it is, more hope just leads to disappointment."

And she couldn't be more right.

Sista - and I and our other sista are going to SD to brother's to pick up my nephew, who's out there for this week at a swim camp that Brother is running. Then he's back in St. Cloud driving truck next week. I went up to Sista's on Sunday after I got back from the vacation that never should have been cause I needed to drop off her birthday present. Her birthday was on Saturday and she was just hangin out at home on Father's day. Her dad, my uncle, passed away a few years back, so I thought she could use the company. We watched some burger cook off thing from last year and made ourselves really hungry.
I brought her a set of tall shot glasses with her favorite baseball team logo on the front. She loved them and the piece of French Silk Pie that I got her. I didn't bring that back from Vegas, I bought it fresh. She jokingly asked if I had bought the pie at New York New York too. Just to clarify. We sat outside in the garage for a while cause it was so damn nice out. Then I headed home.
After exchanging a million emails today about our road trip and hottie, I think we're all good. No awkward moments hopefully.


Home - repair is the word of the week. I stopped at Menard's on Saturday while I was out running around in the 84 degree, humid as hell weather. I needed a new kitchen faucet because the one I had was a cheapy one and the Pur water filter I had on there was causing havoc. So I replaced that.
I bought some sheet rock patch cause the idiots that owned the place before me decided that it would be a good idea to not only use the screw that came with the shower curtain rod bumper to the wall, but let's glue it too. All the way around. So I spent some time the weekend before I left getting those off the wall and replacing the shower curtain liner, and rod.
This week I'm going to patch the holes and torn rock so I can sand it and repaint it. I also have some other holes that need to be patched, little ones from hanging X-Mas lights and such. So no better time that the present right?
I also bought some new silicone caulking for the bathroom where the crap between the tiles is crap. So after I replaced the kitchen sink, I went upstairs, sat in the bathtub and pried out all the old crap and replaced it with new stuff. I don't know that the white looks so good, so I may go over it with some beige color to match it better.
So that was Angie being a handi-woman so far. I still have to re-stain my shelves so they are a little darker before I polyurithaine them again.

I'm almost down to my goal weight. I'm 2.5 pounds away. Surprisingly I only gained 1.5 pounds while I was on vacation. Which I was surprised with. I didn't eat bad or anything, but not as good as I had been.

Side note, I bought the bra I'm wearing today before I left and it's the first time I'm wearing it and I love it. I might have to slowly replace the crappy ones I have now where the straps fall down off my shoulders and the cups don't fit like they used to. This bra is so comfy that I forgot I had it one. Funny thing is, it's the same size as my crappy ones, but it fits much better.

Ok, thanks. Just had to share that with you.

Work - is going good. At my part time job, our idiot, Eddy finally got the boot. His last day was last Friday and Jason was so happy that he hugged both me and Nicole. After squeezing his wife to death. So I'm sure I'm going to have a ton of work to do, cause he promised that he wasn't going to do any invoicing while I was gone. So I'll be working on Saturday for a while before heading out of town with Sista's.

Scrappie - was happy to see Grandma last Saturday and had lots of fun walking and walking, but by Thursday she was pacing the house looking for her mama. We spent the weekend hanging out and yesterday we went for a walk after I got home from work. She forgot that mama doesn't like her to stop and smell every other blade of grass. But she'll fall back into it.

Teresa - makes me crazy but she helped keep me from killing my vacation companion. She called me on Wednesday andwe talked for about an hour. She got her car situation figured out, her new boyfriend decided that with a baby on the way, he'd buy her a Cadillac Escalade. She has to pay the gas and insurance and he's making the payments. She's enjoying the perks of being with Andy but she's not really truly happy with him and I want to strangle her every time she says that she misses Tom. She has no business being in a relationship with someone when she's not over Tom. And I told her so. I also told her that I think it's pathetic that Andy knows she's not over Tom and is with her anyways. She thinks it's makes him a good person, I think it makes him an idiot willing to be her doormat because he wants a family that bad.
She never should have gotten pregnant, but she's one of those people that needs to be with a man or she feels incomplete. She'll never admit it out right, but it the truth.
Otherwise, she's fine. She's only got 4 more months until she's due. Oh and have I told you that Andy told her she doesn't have to go back to work? Yeah, and they're looking at a house on the lake. But Andy's house has to sell first.
Poor Brit is destroyed cause Tom won't return her calls and Tim, Brit's real dad, had enough and called Tom himself. As far as I know, nothing ever came of Tim's phone call. I told Teresa to suck it up and stop crying every time Brit needed to talk to her about it, she needed to put her own feelings aside and be a parent to her child.

Vegas - sucked. The company I was with was the worst of it. I had every intention of posting and getting it all off my chest, but in light of today's discoveries, I'm going to copy and paste from an email that I sent my friends:


I'm back from Vegas, and let's just say it was hot there. And in case I forget to tell you, the weather there is hot in the summer, it's the desert after all. Early morning, before 11 am and after sunset is a little cooler, but not by much. The next time I go, if there is a next time, it will be in the Spring or Fall, when it's much more comfortable to walk miles and miles up and down the strip. Or I'll win the lottery and stay downtown and gamble it all away.

The sights were good. I didn't make it downtown, in fact I didn't make it past Treasure Island, which if you've been there is quite a hike because once you get there, you have to turn around and walk back. But I got to see everything from the top of the Eiffel tower at Paris. Which at night is really cool. I hope my pictures turned out.

I came home with six new shot glasses and a few other souvenirs, the coolest by far being all the different colored M & M's from M & M World. The purple of course are by far my favorites.

Five days was definitely too long to be in Vegas, especially if you don't gamble like I don't. I played a penny slot the first night, but nothing after that. If you're there with the right person or people, and have an idea of the things you want to do and see, five days might be just enough time.

Went next door to Excalibur and saw Louie Anderson, he was great. Went to the Comedy Stop at the Trop (our hotel) and saw some comics, they were also good. I went to an Ansel Adams exhibit in the Bellagio which was amazing. The shark reef at Mandalay Bay was very cool and now I understand why Brother likes sharks. I hope I got some good pictures. The MGM Grand is huge. The roller coaster at New York New York was a great ride. The fountain at Bellagio is best seen at night and it's beautiful.

Other than that, Vegas is hot and not so clean. The ground is littered with advertisements for strippers and hookers, there's a lot of open space which kicks up a lot of dust when the wind blows. Rumor is that land on the strip is going for $25 million an acre. There's also rumor that they may tear down the Tropicana and rebuild it.

I've learned a few things on my trip and if you are planning on going to Vegas now or in the future, here's some words of wisdom:

~Make sure the person you are going with is someone you know you get along with and has similar interests as you. But can also be independent.

~Don't go to Vegas if you 't want to spend any money. It's expensive. I spent more money in Vegas on food (and I didn't eat that much) and water than I did on everything else combined in two weeks in Hawaii.

~Be prepared to walk. A LOT. The hotels look close together on TV, they are not. Bring tennis shoes.

~Don't go in the summer months: June, July or August. These are the hottest months to go.

I can now say that I've been to Vegas, it was and wasn't what I thought it would be, but I went and now I know what it's all about.

I am not the tour guide nor the camp director, or your mother. While by nature I do some research on the places I plan on visiting, just to familiarize myself with a new environment, that does not however mean that I am responsible for any one else's vacation but my own. If I wanted children I would have some and taken them with me on vacation. Also, I am not a seeing eye dog. Last time I checked, my eyes were for my own use. If you are not capable enough to get your eyes examined and get the appropriate corrections, that does not excuse you from paying attention to where we are walking and depending on me to lead the way.

Sorry for the vent.

I learned that the person I went with - I shouldn't have.

Anyways, I'm glad to be home!!

And now that you've been re-capped on the past two weeks and then some. I'm gonn head out.

I'm going to go tanning and then stop by the tattoo shop that's near my house and see if I have any better luck getting my re-color done. The twp artists that I was hoping to do mine aren't available for a few weeks. So I'm looking into alternatives. I'm also thinking and re-thinking my belly button ring idea. I'm just not sure, but I feel the need to change something, and I'm just not cool enough to pull off a tiny nose stud or tongue ring. And a bellt button ring I can hide when I want. But I really think I'm too old for that. But we'll see.

Have a good one, please feel free to let me know what an idiot I am for any of the things I said in the above post. I can take it.

Ang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home