The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Aimee's feeling icky.

I think I'm coming down with something, aside from being incredibly tired, a bit achy and more than a bit moody, I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Ick. It bites. I don't like getting sick (does anyone really?) because usually when I do, it decides to settle in for a nice long stay. Well, hopefully whatever it is will pass through quickly. Cross your fingers for me, will ya?

Work has been absolutely nuts this week! And since I work for an irrigation company and summer is here, it isn't bound to slow down anytime soon. Summer is always crazy at work, but since we've been a hell of a lot busier than we usually are these last couple months, this summer is bound to be a nightmare. But it's alright, we're so busy, the days practically fly by.

And Cameron is loving this whole summer vacation thing, he and my dad go hang out at the pool for hours every day while I'm at work and he thinks that's the coolest. He's all tan now, it's adorible. I never tan, just burn, how unfair is that?

Oh, I almost forgot, my cousin Jaime and I have managed to reconnect with each other and we've been e-mailing since late last week--it's been so awesome talking to her again. She left Florida and moved to San Diego, CA shortly after I got married and we completely lost touch with each other. It always made me sad because we were so tight growing up. She's married now and living in Hawaii, how cool is that? She's been through some shit and I'm so happy she's finally found some happiness! I haven't spoken to my other cousin Wendy in just about as long and though we weren't as close because of age the difference, I've missed her a whole bunch too, but Jaime said she's still in California and doing pretty good for herself. And Cindy, my oldest cousin, who I do talk to periodically with the occasional e-mail thrown in, just got married on Saturday, I really wish I could have made it for that because my mom said it was beautiful, but she lives in Louisiana and since I have limited vacation time, I just couldn't take the time off right now. But I'm supposed to be getting pictures shortly--I can't wait!

Anyhow, aside from not physically feeling well, things have been pretty quiet around here, I'm feeling rather happy lately and it's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home