The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, June 05, 2006

Mondays--blah.

But now that I've said that, I have to admit that this one hasn't been so bad. This weekend, on the other hand, was most definitely blah. Aside from dinner with Drew on Saturady night, I didn't do much of anything but sit inside on my lazy ass because the weather was wicked nasty pretty much all weekend. And then there was all that smoke and ash flying around, choking you every time you stepped outside and coating your car with a nice dirty layer of ick. Those damn brush fires again, and let me tell you, it's a bit intimidating having them close enough that it makes it so smoggy outside you have to squint to see. Though I think I heard on the news this morning that they finally managed to put this one out. Whew.

Saturday night (Sunday morning--whichever), I decided to stay up until 5 in the morning like an ass (and let me tell you, I had to literally crawl to the bed--I told Jeff I woulf, LOL), so I was most unhappy when Cameron crawled into bed with me and started harrassing me about breakfast at 8. Ugh. I mumbled something incoherent about bananas and juice boxes, but the lovely child couldn't get the banana off the thingamajig (he broke the silly thing in half trying), so I stumbled my way down stairs and did the whole cereal, banana, juice box thing myself after which, try as I might, I could not go back to sleep. Drew picked Cameron up at about 10:30 and I tried again to fall back asleep, but it was a no go so I gave up and got up. And then proceeded to do nothing other than clean out the refridgerator the rest of the day. I think I should probably feel guilty, but I don't.

Anyhow, by the time I hit the sheets last night I was dead on my feet. I crashed. Gone. Finshed. Out of there. It was great, but then I absolutely did not want to get up this morining. At all. But sadly, I did anyway because I have this thing about calling in sick, I just can't do it.

And that's pretty much it for me. I hope you all had a far more entertaining weekend than I.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jun 05, 03:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie!

How are you? :) Me, I'm fine. I'm still busy with my work at the University and with my studies. Since a few weeks, I'm totally into research for my thesis. I have also decided to take care of myself... So I go to the gym 4 times a week. For the moment, I don't see any result but I know I will in a few months ;)

I have discovered a new Shady board today (the site exists since the end of May). The members are nice and it reminds me the old good times of the Anti Kim board. Here's the link :

http://shadycamp.proboards101.com/

It would be cool if you became a member ;) I miss seeing you posting in a forum, you know! Your posts were always interesting. Maybe Taz could be a member too. Tell me what you think about it.

In Quebec, it was rainy too this weekend. But it gave me the chance to read books and... clean up my apartment :p

Take care of you Aimee and give me some news!

Love,

Thaly xxxx

 
At Wed Jun 07, 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thaly--

It's so good to hear from you! It feels like it's been forever!

I'm doing fairly well at the moment, feeling a bit tired, but other than that I'm chugging right along.

Are you still teaching? I know last time we talked, you were a bit nervous about it.

I've started working out too, and since I cheated and stepped on the scale before my actual weigh in (which is June 14th), I know I'm down a total of 13lbs from when I first started in April and that feels good, but I have 34 more lbs to go before I reach my goal. And I need to get moving because time is sort of closing in on me.

And you'll definitely start to see them! I don't see much difference when I look in the mirror myself, but my clothes tell me differently. It's a nice feeling.

I don't know about becoming a member, but I'll definitely check out the new Shady board and maybe I'll make a few guest posts, we'll see. Who's running this one?

Do you still read Nora Roberts? I have her last book, "Red Lily" sitting on my book shelf collecting dust and I really need to pick it up and finish reading it before her next book comes out in July.

Again it was very nice hearing from you! You've always been a great friend and I've missed you.

Love,
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home