The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Aimee.

My Cameron, with his missing two front teeth, his shaggy sun lightened hair (I really need to take him to get a haircut) and his cute little sunburned nose, is finally home. He called me at work as soon as he got here and I swear, I wanted nothing more than to come home and snuggle with my baby. Gosh, I missed that kid. And let me tell you, his summer vacation is off to a good start--my mom and Robin bought him an ATV to keep at their house for when he visits (not good for my sanity at all, but he’s not complaining) and my dad bought him a pair of Heely’s (Oh, how I loathe those things and another thing that’s detrimental to my sanity, but again, he’s not complaining about that either). So he’s a happy camper.

There’s really not much of anything else going on. Work was extremely busy today, but it has been for the past few months. And after work I went to Curves with my mom which was oddly relaxing, I don’t know why, but it was good.

Anyhow, I have my appointment with Dr. Cox tomorrow, which was originally scheduled because my insurance company is refusing to authorize any more infusions after the next one until I go in for an evaluation (which is just silly because this thing I have isn’t going anywhere, but they do that from time to time). But as it turns out, it’s a good thing I already have the appt. because I now need one. It’s a pisser too because I was so sure I’d gotten past that last surgery without any complications. There were some problems in the beginning with the incision site, but I followed the doctors instructions perfectly and all seemed okay, it closed up, no problems, that is, until yesterday when part of it decided it wanted to reopen again. Ah well, it’s just a small area, but I’m worried about infection because I have a bitch of a time when it comes to healing any kind of infection. So I’m hoping since I caught it so quickly, it’ll be an easy and painless fix, I doubt it, but I’m trying out this whole "positivity" thing today.

So that’s it. I think I might actually go to bed in a few instead of sitting up until some ridiculous hour and waking up cranky.

Night all.

3 Comments:

At Wed May 31, 03:20:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

this is me crossing my fingers

 
At Wed May 31, 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Thank you, love.

 
At Fri Jun 02, 07:15:00 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Me too... with the crossing of the fingers and the well wishing...

Although I gotta ask--- what's a heely? I figure I don't know because I a square city slicker or something... but I'm stumped.

And a pox on medical plans. I'm convinced that the reason I ended up with a doc who said I HAD to have glasses was because her practice, as all that were covered by my insurence was lens crafter type outfit who made their money selling glasses. I bet if I went to a freind's optomitrist(sp), I'd've gotten better information... but my plan didn't cover a real eye outfit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home