The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Angie's entry

Hello Aimee love,

I'm so glad you had a fun Mother's Day! You deserved it!!

So what's new with me?

Saturday I worked at my part time job from 7 am until 5 pm. I got everything done that I wanted and put in some good hours to add to my Vegas fund.

When I got home, I took the dog for a walk, made some dinner and then took a short nap in my chair. Then I rinsed the carpet that I've been cleaning for over a week.

Sista called and said we probably wouldn't be playing poker. Ben was having some baby mama drama.

So here's the gossip I have:
I don't remember what he said his ex's name is so bear with me. So here's where the story begins - she asked her parents to watch C so she could go out with her friends on Wednesday night, then went out and got plowed. I mean loaded. But she got a ride home and left her car at the bar. Well she slept it off for a couple hours then decided that she needed to go get her car.
Well, on her way home, she got stopped. By a state trooper. Not good. Not good at all. So she was arrested, after blowing a .13, (I believe and since MN just chagned our limit to .08) and taken to jail. She called her parents who basically told her to rot in jail, leaving her to her last resort - calling Ben. Who, being the good guy he is, went and spent all day, missing a day of work to bail her out. After he'd missed a day of OT last week cause she changed her plans on him at the last minute.

Now according to my friend here at work who used to work in the jail system - the bail he paid to get her out was pretty significant.

Sista's girlfriend is doing the same kind of work says that ol girl is screwed: "The only thing saving her from maybe doing any jail time is it happened in XXX County and they are packed. . . . Girlfriend does all DWI stuff as an agent right now and she said girl is screwed cuz she was already on probation for her first one. . . .she'll be lucky if she walks away with house arrest. Ben said she got busted by a Highway Patrol so she's down the river. . . . . too bad really but she does sound like a bit of a loser."

Can you imagine? You're on probation for your first DWI and you get arrested for a second. Yikes. Bad choices.

So I've been thinkin about Ben all weekend, hoping he's dealin ok. Sounds like he may become a full time parent a lot sooner than he thought he would. But at least C has one parent that has it together.

Call me selfish, and it is I know, but I just don't want this to change the direction that I think Ben and I were headed in. I swore that I wouldn't get involved with a guy with a kid again, but I guess it has to be the right guy - and Ben could be that guy.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or what, but I've been thinking more and more about kids and a serious realtionship. Maybe it's because all of my friends are either married or - well, married.

The company I work for is awesome, I can't believe that I didn't come back to work for them sooner. In preperation for our health fair on Friday, they are offering onsite fitness classes. I have signed up for two. Yoga tomorrow night and Pilates Thursday.

I think I'm going to call my realtor that sold me my house and get a walk through on the house across the street from Sista. I won't know if I could get it unless I try right? New house or a newer car? Mom's vote was a new house. At least a house would appreciate in value. Something I can really invest in. So I just sent the email off to him and we'll see what happens. I don't know if I'll qualify because I just changed jobs, I haven't looked at my credit lately and I'm just not that lucky.

Other than that, there's not really much to speak of.

I'm still trying to lose 10 pounds before I head to Vegas in less than 4 weeks. I need all the help I can get, so any thinning thoughts you can send my way would be super!! I keep bounching between a few pounds and it's making me frustrated.

I hope all Mother's had a wonderful Mother's day - my "child" didn't get me anything. As a matter of fact, I took her to Grandma's to visit. Dang brat.

Ok, well, I gotta head off and look like I'm working.

Take care and I'll "see" ya soon!

1 Comments:

At Thu May 18, 11:29:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Thank you, sweetness!

*Kisses*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home