The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Who are you again?

Oh right! That other chick that used to post here. Gotcha. I knew your name was on the header for some reason.

So Hi everyone, I'm Angie and I'm an inconsistent blogger.

and apparently a multiple personality - or I just like to refer to myself in the third person.

I haven't been up to much. A few weeks back were a pretty bad time for me so wasn't into doing much of anything or talking to anyone. But things have markedly improved since then. I go through those deep/dark days every few months. Things just build and build and then they implode on me. I still have all the unresolved issues and crap like that, but for now it's been restuffed into the pocket from which it snuck out of.

So since then - the last time I blogged - we'll just go down a short list and I'll recap.

*Warning - nothing of great importance is below this - so if you are easily bored, don't read any further. But there may be pictures. If I can figure out how to make those work!

~Work.
It's work. It's finally nice to be making money and having extra to do things with. It's nice to not have to worry about what bills to pay with this check so whatever doesn't get shut off. As a matter of fact, I scheduled comcast to come out and install my DVR cause I'm tired of my damn VCR and messing with video tapes.

I don't think I'll be sticking with payroll. I'm really interested in our Assets Protection division. Last month at out monthly meeting, we had a high up from there come talk to us and it was really interesting! Of course, you all know that I'm mildly obsessed with forensics and such. I just bought a book that is a 'must read for all CSI fans!' called Forensic Detective. I haven't cracked it open yet, it's on my shelf with my other to be read books. But since I've started taking lunch at work, I've been reading. I'm on my second book! Woo! Yeah for me.
My boss is a good guy and he was very concerned about me a few weeks back.
There's an internal non-exempt job fair coming up next week that I'm going to to find out more about Assets Protection. So that's something.

This job is far too much customer service for me. I'm not a customer service type of person, in house for our own employees or not. Yuck.

My part time job has been keeping me busy the past few weeks. Last weekend I worked Saturday, then had to leave for the wedding, then Sunday I worked too.

For a while I was working weekends at the full time job too, that was rough. But probably what helped me get a head.

~Vegas
I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks with one of the girls I used to work with at my old job. She turns 30 and wanted to go to Vegas for her birthday. Her one friend that was going to go with her turned out to be too much of a diva about the whole thing, so she asked if I'd want to go and I am. We booked it a couple weeks ago and as it gets closer and closer, we're both getting more excited.
We're staying at the Tropicana, which everyone that's been to Vegas is a good place to stay and close to everything. We leave on a Saturday and come back on Thursday. She turns 30 the day after we get in.
We also got an email yesterday and they moved our flight times up which is awesome. Originally we weren't scheduled to leave until 10pm on Saturday and now they moved it up to 5 something. So I was Super Excited to read that email. I wasn't too keen on getting in at 10pm. Seven is muuuuccch better.

~My friend Katie just got married last weekend. I was nervous about going alone and all, but I ended up hangin out with a couple of former roommates. When we were at the church, milling around, Mom and Dad both came over and gave me a hug, glad to see me. And if I've ever talked about my ex's parents, I love them dearly. And they are not affectionate people, so the fact that they both hugged me - means a lot to me.

My ex came over and talked to us a few times. His dad came over to our table and asked me to go have a smoke with him. So we walked over to the other side of the building we were in and had a smoke together. He told me he's got three more years, but he's ready. His boys are all set and he's had a good life. That was depressing. Still is. But it was nice to talk to him and see him.

I have to get my butt up north and see them this summer.

~Boys/Men
I've had this long standing flirtation with my Sista's next door neighbor who has the prettiest (ya I know, not the most masculine way to describe a man, but it's my blog! :)) brown eyes and eyelashes. Well things progressed the weekend before last when I went up to play cards and hang out. He wanted to check out the hot tub, so he and I did while Sista had to make up with her girl. I won't get into the details but he's a great kisser and he likes to cuddle.

He's typically not someone I'd go for because he's shorter than me, and four years younger than me but he's got the eyes and he's oh so nice to look at. He's in the same boat that I am, being the last of a group of friends to be single. Besides that, he's got a great house, nice car that he bought last year. Just bought a riding lawn mower and paid cash for it. He's got a six year old son who's got his dad's eyes and from hanging out with him, he's a cool guy. He's sweet and funny and I love to flirt with him and hate it when he had a girlfriend. He maybe a bit of a player, but I don't think he would have messed with me if it was a one night thing. He knows how tight me and my Sista are and knows that neither of us would allow me to be treated badly.
As I've told Aimee, I don't have my hopes up cause then when nothing happens, I won't be that upset.

I haven't seen nor talked to him since that night and you can imagine the conversations I've had with myself about that. I'm going up to Sista's tomorrow afternoon to help her and her woman get ready for my niece and nephew's birthday party on Saturday, so we'll see how that goes.

~Brother is doing well. He's not sure about his summer employment yet. But he's working on it. He's decided to give his long distance relationship 100% and I'm glad he's made that commitment, but I'm also leery of any girl in his life. He is my baby brother after all and I will throw down with any bizzo that hurts him. In fact, I'm still hoping to run into his ex so I can pound her fat ass into mush. But that's another story for a different day.

~Friends
Katie and Jason got married.
Teresa is preggers and probably getting married in the fall after the baby. She and the new beau (Andy) are doing well. Daughter Brittany is doing well, she's excited about her new sibling and gets along well with Andy and generally seems happy.

~Family
Ready for this one? My mom has a boyfriend. Brother and I met him a few weeks back and from first impression he's a good guy. Former Navy man, eight kids who are of course are all grown, three of whom live in Cali. They(He and my mom) apparently want to introduce me to one of his daughters who's in the music biz and thinks she and I would have a lot in common.

We won't talk about all the rest, except to say that I'm having mixed feelings about it.

Sista is doing good. Her knee is healing well and she's sold all her toys that she could hurt herself with, except the riding lawn mower and her truck, but other than that she got rid of the four wheeler and the snowmobiles.

My other sista is doing pretty well too. My mini-me niece is going to Poland for a few weeks this summer with her Tap dance instructor. When we went over for her birthday she and I actually got to sit and talk for a while and just hang out, which was great. She seemed to be back to her self. Her brother and sister are also doing well. Sista's boyfriend had stopped drinking (he's or was such a drunk that I swear he pissed MGD or Icehouse) and apparently stopped smoking cause he couldn't do one without the other. We'll see how long that lasts.

My Aunt is good too. I don't see or talk to her as much as I would like and I should change that.

Haven't spoken with my dad in months, I guess he moved again. I missed the memo on that. Oh well.

I haven't spoken to my stpe-dad since he asked my if my mom was on drugs. Ok, stop laughing, I'm serious. So I let it go for a few days then emailed him and told him that we could meet for dinner and such but my mom was not to be a topic of conversation, and I haven't heard anything from him since.

~Car
The car is doing ok. I just had new tires put on. My gas mileage sucks but driving downtown everyday is wearing and tearing on her. Not having a car payment it the best thing ever. I'm just glad I don't have the new car bug. I don't like the new cars that are out anyways so that helps. I like my car, I just need Xhibit to come pimp it out for me, the way I'd pimp it though.

~Scrappie
Is as cute as ever. She lost her baby I bought her and neither one of us can find it. She loves going walking with mama, but has a hard time keeping up some days. I didn't think I walked that fast, but I am taller than her - by a lot~ LOL

I'm not posting pictures cause I look awful in ALL of the ones I'm in. (Plus I can't get it to work!!)

I'll do better about posting. Hope you are all doing well!


1 Comments:

At Sat May 06, 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I like to refer to myself in the Third Person sometimes too! It's fun!

And I bet you look gorgeous in your pictures, cupcake! Absolutely gorgeous... all that dark hair and those yummy eyes...

Go ahead, post one--I dare you!

LOL.

I love ya, Ang!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home