The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Blah, blah and more blah.

Aimee’s been in one of her "I feel ugly, fat and worthless" moods this weekend. Blah. And because today I was having one of my famous "put myself down" days, I done went and pissed off Drew at lunch this afternoon and I honestly didn’t mean to, it’s just that I was feeling rather unimpressed with myself today so I said some negative things and he mistook my, "I just don’t like myself" comment to mean that I literally don’t like myself, and that’s not what I was trying to say. Not at all. I do like myself, I’m a great girl (trust me, I am and don’t let anyone convince you otherwise no matter how hard they try), but being great and looking great are two completely different things and I can attest to the fact that I do not look great, it’s quite the contrary my friends. So when I said, "I just don’t like myself," I meant the way I look, not me personally. You get me?

And then I got a lecture from my mom about not being able to get where I want to go unless I start being easier on myself. Her reasoning is, if I want to get to where it is I’m aiming, I have to be positive or else I’m never going to get anywhere because I’ll just end up getting discouraged and say to hell with it. As I’ve done so many times before.

Point taken.

Anyhow, because negativity is detrimental to my cause, I have promised to be a beacon of positivity with only minor allowances for brief episodes of negativity until I reach my goal.

So there you have it, I’ve had a blah weekend and I haven’t been very nice to myself. Bad Aimee. Cause I promised, I shall try my damndest to do better this week.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home