The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, June 09, 2006

Aimee.

Ugh, today was an extremely long day, most likely due to the fact that I didn't really do much of anything so the time sort of just trickled on by at a snails pace, but that's not to say it was a bad day, it wasn't, just a long one.

Anyhow, Drew and I came to an impasse of sorts earlier today over the fact that I didn't call him last night because I've been doing the calling lately and I was wondering if he'd call if I didn't (you following me), which he did not. So when he called me at work earlier to say that he missed my call last night, I explained to him why I didn't call and he came back with, "So you didn't call because you were being spiteful." And I object to that, I was most certainly not being spiteful. Maybe I was playing a little "tit for tat", but there was absolutely no malice involved. He did not fully agree that there was no spiteful intentions, so we decided to reasonably agree to disagree. But, spite or no spite, we have a date tonight (it was supposed to be tomorrow night but when we were agreeing to disagree earlier, he changed it to tonight) to do what I have absolutely no clue, but something which is better than the nothing I typically do on Friday night. Besides, Drew and I usually always have fun when we go out.

And that's really all I have planned this weekend, Cameron begged and pleaded to go spend Friday and Saturday night at my mom's because there's that badass ATV up there and he's been itching to ride it (sigh), so he just rode off with my mom and I'm all by my lonely until Sunday. Woe is me. I shall miss the little monster, but now that summer is here, between my mom and Drew's parents, I expect my baby to be spending a bit more time away from home than he normally does. Sniffle.

Well, I hope you all have an absolutely lovely weekend. Really and truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home