The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Angie's Entry

Since I didn't bring my book with me to work, if someone saw it, it could be deemed inappropriate. I started the autobiography of my birthday buddy - Jenna Jameson. My brother picked it up last year before we left for Hawaii at my recommendation. I borrowed it from him last weekend when I drove down to his place. I started it yesterday and got a hundred pages into it and it's a great read. I had to force myself to put it down and go to sleep last night.

I can't wait to go home and pick it up and start reading. Thank god for comcast DVR and lame summer programming. With the exception of my two favorite summer shows, The Closer and Saved. Both are on TNT network, tonight at 8 and 9pm.

I also have transitioned back into my rock self. I've been trying to hang with hip-hop but nothing really grabs me. Oh FYI Brother decided that Chamillionaire's song - 'Ridin Dirty' is the new summer banger. So when you hear it on the radio, crank it up and roll.

I got my tattoo redone about two weeks back. I'd post a picture, but I don't have a before and I'm not that talented that I can take pictures of myself and they turn out. So just trust me when I say that it looks just like new, better than new. The guy that did it was really good.

I'm going to my hairdresser tonight. She's been cutting my mom's hair for like 20 years and she's been doing mine for at least 15. I haven't seen her in quite a few years, since she sold her shop and starting doing hair out of her house. So that's exciting. I think I'm going to do long layers again. I'm bored with it, but she will NOT cut more than an inch off. She likes my hair long, curly and poofy. Seriously, she has me scoot down in the chair so my hair hangs off the back and she blow dries it until I look like Cher in the 80's. But not anywhere near that skinny looking. I wish.

Oh! How excited am I? I HIT MY GOAL WEIGHT!! I was so happy last Thursday when I stepped on the scale and saw those three fabulous numbers. I'm up and down since then, but I hit it. I have to get back in the groove of working out three times a week to keep the slimming down going.

Friday Sista and I are taking her two kids and our other niece and nephew to a water park. It's susposed to be sunny and 90. I'm making a picnic lunch for all of us. We're excited, it should be a good time.

My other niece, the dancer is leaving tonight for two weeks in Poland. Why Poland? They have some huge dance competition/celebration and my mini-me's tap instructor wanted her to have the experience. So off she goes to Poland. I'm excited for her, she'll have a good time, hopefully be able to see some things while she's there, but it sounds like their schedule is pretty tight.

What else?

Sista called me yesterday and I called her back when I got home, but we never connected. So I called her today and she wanted me to come up for chicken on the grill and to watch her light off fireworks. I figured that's why she called, but I didn't want to just show up if that wasn't the case. And secretly part of me was hoping to see hottie.

My mom says to take a chance, take Sista out of the middle and let hottie know that I'm interested in him. So next chance I get, I'll make sure he knows. I guess I'll never know if anything can happen unless I take the risk right? Easier said than done!

The house across the street from Sista that I've been thinking about, they lowered the price. So I'm still trying to decide if I want to make an offer. I have to put some numbers down on paper, it's easier to decide that way. Ya know, the old pros and cons list?

I think that's all I know for right now. It's a little closer to the end of the day, and I'm scooting out of here a few minutes early so I get to Gracie's on time.

Hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th!

Ang

1 Comments:

At Fri Jul 07, 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I still wanna read that book!!! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home