The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Aimee's Entry...

My Cameron, the one I love so incredibly, has guilted me and my mom into taking him swimming tonight after we get back from Curves. Little monster. Now, I have absolutely nothing against swimming, mind you, but I detest public pools (like the one at my townhouse complex) because well, you just don't know how clean it is, you know? And I further detest shoving my somewhat large (yet slowly shrinking) ass into a bathing suit--I really, really do. I haven't worn one in a good long while and I'm honestly not looking forward to donning one again. But, miracle of miracles, I do actually have one, I was sure I didn't, but while organizing my closet this weekend, I happened across one so I really have no excuse not to take my sweet angel (*snort*) to the pool. My mom says it'll be fun--the lot she knows. LOL.

My mom was asking me about my diet Monday night--what I can/can't eat, how my daily menu looks, etc--and it's funny because when I started my diet in early part of May, it was the "South Beach" diet that I was strictly following, but over time I've kind of worked myself into more of a "Weight Watchers" type diet. I still don't mess with the carbs and I only eat wheat everything (bread, pasta, tortilla's), but I'm a lot more flexible with food now than I was in the beginning. And hey, I'm still losing weight, albeit a bit more slowly, but from what I'm told, that's the best way to do it. Anyhow, since she asked, I decided to write down everything I ate yesterday because I, myself, don't really think about it all that often...

Breakfast: Special K Blueberry cereal bar and an extra large coffee (24 oz.) w/ 3 Splenda's and Extra Cream from Dunkin Donuts (bad, I know, but I could not survive without my big ass coffee in the morning).

Midmorning Snack: 1 Cup of strawberries & blueberries mixed together and a water.

Lunch: 2 Slices of ham and 2 slices of colby jack cheese and a Jazz Black Cherry French Vanilla Diet Pepsi.

Afternoon Snack: 20 Peanuts, a peach and a water.

Dinner: A small salad w/light ranch, 1 Chicken breast marinated in italian dressing (that's what my dad likes to marinate stuff with), a cup of broccoli and a water.

Desert: 1 Cup of Edy's Sugar Free Sweetened with Splenda Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream (<<that stuff is so incredibly yummy).

And looking at that, I realize how radically I've changed my eating habits over the last few months. I used to skip breakfast completely, except for two extra large coffees, I'd have no snacks at all, I'd more than likely order out somewhere for lunch if I bothered to eat it at all and dinner was anybody's guess, but it wasn't near as healthy as it is now. LOL. I'm actually proud of myself for sticking with it to the point that I've gotten used to it. Go me.

Anyway, I think my mom is looking to start making changes in her eating habits too because she's been unhappy with herself lately. I think it's cool because we can help support each other along the way.

Oh, I got paid yesterday so I went and got my haircut after work. My mom said it looks great, but I don't think it looks all that different other than it's a bit shorter and you can once again tell that my hair is layered. I still have a problem with frizz, but with the humidity around here, I'm thinking I always will.
-
And for the first time this season, us Floridians are watching the Tropics. Tropical Storm Chris (predicted to be Hurricane Chris before tomorrow) is swirling around out there about 120 miles east-northeast of St. Thomas and he appears to be heading in our general direction--YAY, FUN--, but (and this would be a good thing) he may very well take a jog to the south and that'd be just peachy me thinks. So, let's hope, eh.

That's it, I'm done. I hope you're all having a super-fantastic week thus far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home