The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

...A I M E E...

I can not clearly tell you how absolutely miserable I am right now. Can't, can't, can't. But I will tell you that at present, I can not breathe, my left ear is killing me (seriously), there is so much pressure in my sinuses I think my head is in danger of exploding, my eyes burn something awful, my chest hurts and I have the most hideous cramps.

And those cramps I speak of started somewhere around 3 o'clock this morning, you know, when I was already waging a war to try and get some sleep despite this pissy cold that's over taken me. I had to drag my ass out of bed and hunt down my heating pad, which was hiding entirely too good for my liking (dammit). Once I found the damn thing, I spent the next 2 hours curled up in the fetal position wishing someone would just go ahead and put me out of my misery (and as shameful as it is, I'll admit, I was crying like an overgrown toddler on top of it). My alarm clock went off at precisely 6 o'clock this morning, just about an hour after the heating pad finally lulled me back to sleep. And once up, I discovered that I'd managed to burn my belly with the heating pad, but you know what, I don't bloody care, if I feel even half as bad tonight as I did in the wee hours of the morning, I'll risk my skin again just to make the torturous things go away and leave me alone. I'm serious.

Oh well, it's back to staring aimlessly into space for me.

5 Comments:

At Thu Aug 10, 07:37:00 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Oh...

First FEEL BETTER!

Second, I hope you took the day off to get better....

Third, is your mom there still to help?

Lastly... Feel better, PLEASE

 
At Thu Aug 10, 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you're better today, hon. Rest easy for me.

 
At Fri Aug 11, 08:13:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Thank you, Drew (*smile*).

I did not take any days off, I worked through my misery (which is still somewhat present--blah) like a good girl, no sick days for me.

My mom is still staying with me and she was a big help and didn't utter a single complaint during any of my weepy, whiny, just-kill-me-now moments! She's the greatest!

And while I'm not back to a 100%, I am feeling a bit better--I can kinda sorta breathe now and that's a good feeling!


I've been trying, Evan, love, I really have. I'm better now (sorta).

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Fri Aug 11, 02:20:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Hugs from me to feel better love.

I wish I could do more than send good thoughts!

 
At Sat Aug 12, 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thank you, Angie! And your virtual hugs are the best, they make all my hurts feel better! I love you, cupcake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home