The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Aimee's Entry - The Joys of Motherhood...

Remember the rambling I did about my adorible child yesterday? Christ, that little hellion is going to be the demise of my sanity. I'm sitting here at work earlier and I get a call from his preschool.

"Umm, I'm not sure how to explain this but well, Cameron and his friend were playing on the merry-go-round and you know how we have that golf carpet out on the playground, well they--"

She paused, so I prompted, "Yes..."

"Well you see, they decided to lay down on their stomachs while it was spinning and their heads were rubbing against the carpet and--"

Pause. Prompt. "Uh huh?"

"Well, Cameron has rug burn on his forehead."

Oh God, I laughed. I couldn't stop myself. Is that horrible of me? But I swear, my kid does the strangest things. And the sad part is, I won't even be able to give him a proper reprimand because the wise ass will probably have some kind of perfectly logical explanation for why he had to do that.

Oh well, sanity be damned.

And speaking of work (I mentioned work earlier, didn't I?). I swear to anything holy, our warehouse guy is a walking disaster. I kid you not. He hurt himself (again). *Sighs*. He's going to be fully responsible for snapping that last, rapidly thinning strand that's holding my temper in check. In the last month, he's drilled through his finger TWICE, smashed his thumb with a hammer, cut himself on what, I'm still not sure of and today as he was hanging from the parts shelves (which is a fucking No-No, BTW) he punctured his skin with a nail. God help me, if I have to have one more talk about proper safety etiquette with the guy, I'm going to blow a gasket. I told him today, "Look - quit fucking hurting yourself, okay? Cause if you don't cut this shit out, I'm gonna fucking kill you myself just to save myself the frustration. Clear?"

I need a vacation.

Oh, guess what? I actually figured out the whole picture thing all by myself. Go Aimee. So, whether you want to see me or not, here I am.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And I'm not the sexy blonde, that gorgeous creature is my sister. I'm the other one. LOL.

3 Comments:

At Thu Apr 28, 03:10:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Raph, I'm the one with the darker, curly hair.

I know, that poor child is always getting himself into a fix. If he comes up with something creative, I'll share ;)

 
At Fri Apr 29, 05:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rug burn on the forehead. I've had that before - but obviously for different reasons. ;)

It is rather annoying, though.

 
At Fri Apr 29, 07:07:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Yes, Jason but your way of getting rug burn on the forhead was undoubtedly more enjoyable ;)

Well worth the annoyance!

~ Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home