The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Aimee's Entry - Life is NOT a bowl of cherries...

Hmm, I’ve been remiss in keeping up with my entries in this thing but (and Angie will corroborate), I am a champion procrastinator. My motto is, “Why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow?” Unattractive, I know but, hell, that’s me.

They made my coffee too strong at Dunkin Donuts this morning , do you have any idea how much that throws me off? I detest when something that’s a part of my routine is altered, even slightly. Yep, that confirms it - I Am Predictably Boring.

I am so bloody PISSED… Grrrrrr. Friday, while I was being tortured at our friendly neighborhood hospital my son got a fever that spiked to 103 degrees and since my step-father was keeping him for the day, he took him to the doctor and, low and behold, Cameron still has an ear infection. So, they gave him a prescription for Omnicef. Well, after my mom got off work, she swung by the drug store to pick it up and they told her it was $145.00 without his insurance card, so, she did the sensible thing and tried calling me but, of course, the nasty stuff they pump into my IV to pre-medicate me with had me in my drug induced coma (I’m a light weight - what can I say?), so I couldn‘t very well talk to her at that particular time. It was all for naught anyhow because my step-father had Cameron’s insurance card with him and when my mom called him, he drove it up to her. Well, it ended up costing $60.00, pricey but whatever, he needed it. Cameron took the antibiotics for 4 out of the 10 days it was prescribed for and then I get a call yesterday afternoon from his preschool saying, “Oops, the bottle that the prescription was in fell out of Cameron’s bag and busted. You‘re going to have to have the doctor call him in another prescription.” For Christ’s sake, even if I can get him to do it, it’ll cost me another $60.00. God, I am SO agitated!!!

Aside from being pissy and agitated, I’m feeling like sludge today! I got this sweet e-mail from someone on Friday asking for my help, <excerpt from e-mail: I've just started working on a fic and I have some done and I was just wondering if you would mind taking a look at it. It would really help me out if I could get someone's opinion and suggestions about it and you're the only author that I truly 100% admire.> and normally, it wouldn’t be a problem because I love helping people with their writing BUT lately, I just can’t seem to focus on writing at all, ya know? Not mine or anyone else’s. Currently, I have 4 chapters of Angie’s story (not you Ang but the other Angie from SF - I don’t have anything of yours waiting to beta, do I?) waiting to be edited, the chapter I just got Friday waiting to be reviewed and I need to write my portion of the chapter for ‘Shattered Lives and Broken Dreams’ that Angie and I are co-authoring (I’m sorry that it’s taken me so long to get to that babe but you have no idea how many times I have opened that file and stared blankly at the damn screen because my mind just won’t cooperate). I’m going to have to pull myself out of this slump, get my mind right and take a look at all of these because I’ve already let them sit too long but, God, I just don’t know what my problem is? Apparently, my muse is still of gallivanting somewhere, the least she could’ve done is take me with her - stingy bitch.

Last night was Aimee’s Official TV Night - LOL. American Idol was really good. Constantine is a creepy sucker but the dude can sing. I was amazed when I saw that he was taking on Queens ’Bohemian Rhapsody’, I was like, “What were you thinking?” but then he started singing and blew me away. And I liked Carrie’s performance, I thought she looked HOT, ya know? Not so girl-next-doorish last night. I think somewhere in this thing I mentioned ’House’? I don’t know? But I absolutely LOVE that show!! It ROCKS - big time!!! And they touched on a subject last night that is near and dear to my heart, CVID. I have CVID and it was interesting watching them puzzle out what was wrong with the guy. Oh, and of course, there’s Dr. House. Don’t ask me why but, I find the man extremely sexy.

And last but certainly not least… Angie, my own true love, I’m sorry that you’re feeling crabby baby!! I hope it gets better soon. And to help it along, I’m sending massive hugs and kisses your way, watch for them cause here they come. I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home