The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, April 16, 2005

I Frickin LOVE This Song...

I just heard it a bit ago and it's probably my favorite song in the world EVER. And someday, if I'm a really good girl someone will get it for me so I can rot my brain listening to it over and over again. Now, I'm only posting Eminem's verses (sorry Ang, I know you like Jay Z but since Em killed him in his own damn song, he gets to have only his lyrics worshipped - tee hee hee).

- * Renegade * -
(Verse 1)
Since I'm in a position to talk to these kids and they listen
I ain't no politician but I'll kick it with 'em a minute
Cause see they call me a menace; and if the shoe fits I'll wear it
But if it don't, then y'all'll swallow the truth, grin and bear it
Now who's this king of these rude, ludicrous, lucrative lyrics
Who could inherit the title, put the youth in hysterics
Usin' his music to steer it, sharin his views and his merits
But there's a huge interference - they're sayin you shouldn't hear it
Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
But I'm debated, disputed, hated and viewed in America
As a motherfuckin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
And see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
And I got nothin' to do but make you look stupid as parents
You fuckin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!
(Ha ha!) And do you have any clue what I had to do to get here
I don't think you do, so stay tuned and keep your ears glued to the stereo
(Verse 2)
See I'm a poet to some, a regular modern day Shakespeare
Jesus Christ, the King of these Latter Day Saints here
To shatter the picture in which of that they paint me
As a monger of hate, Satan, a scatter-brained atheist
But that ain't the case, see it's a matter of taste
We as a people decide if Shady's as bad as they say he is
Or is he the latter - a gateway to escape?
Media scapegoat, who they can be mad at today
See, it's easy as cake, simple as whistlin Dixie
While I'm wavin the pistol at sixty Christians against me
Go to war with the Mormons, take a bath with the Catholics
In holy water - no wonder they try to hold me under longer
I'm a motherfuckin spiteful, DELIGHTFUL eyeful
The new Ice Cube - motherfuckers HATE to like you
What did I do? (huh?) I'm just a kid from the gutter
Makin this butter off these bloodsuckers, cause I'm a muh'fuckin
RENEGADE.

EDITED TO ADD: Massively BIG, extra HUGE thanks to Thaly-Ann for sending me 'Renegade'. You ROCK Mamma. I'll be here rotting my brain and worshipping at your altar!!! *Smoochies* Te Quiero Mucho, Mi Vida!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home