The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Aimee's Entry - 'Tis a Miserably Rainy Day...

Yawn. Today is such a nasty day. Rain, rain, rain and more rain. Actually, this whole week has been pretty icky. Welcome to 'Hurricane Season' in Florida. It's a miserable time of year. I should head north. Anybody want some company?

Well, yesterday was a complete waste. I don't think I was conscious for more than 4 or 5 hours. I hate infusion days for that reason alone. It always feels like I've lost a whole day of my life that I'll never be able to get back. God, that sounded dismal. Sorry.

Okay, moving on... I finally bought Black Rose by Nora Roberts and I'm dying to read it because I absolutely adore her books but I can't. Not Yet. Sigh. I still have 100 pages left to read of 'The Innocent' by Harlan Coben and I'm not a book jumper so as much as it pains me to look at NR's book sitting on the end table begging to be read, I will finish HC's book first. I don't know why I can't get through this book? Harlan Coben is a fantastic author and although this book isn't one of his best, it's still a great read. I don't know what the deal is.

God, Drew was being extremely crude this morning. I woke up still fuzzy from the pre-meds they gave me yesterday and he wanted to have sex but not just any kind of sex, oh no, he wanted anal sex. Now, I have no beef with anal, I know he likes it and all that jazz but for pity's sake he could've at least let me wake up a bit before he started whispering all these crude things in my ear. It was so bloody obnoxious. Seriously. I wanted to smack him upside the head. Well, he didn't get anal or any other kind of sex for that matter. And boy, when he left for work he was a tad bit grumpy with me.

Oh and speaking of Drew reminds me... Thank you all for the lovely comments that you left about the e-mail my sister sent me. They honestly helped. I still haven't written her back but I did talk with her a bit on the phone. She still expects me to just pack up and walk away. What she suggests may be the right thing to do but I don't know? I don't care for the pressure to make a choice, ya know? I can't just walk away from a relationship that's been a part of my life for ten years. Not when I feel like there's still a chance for us to get past all the bad shit and work our way back to the good. We're actually doing better but no one really sees that I suppose. Oh well, enough about that for now.

Anyway, there's not much happening over here. The house is quiet and I'm all by my lonely. I think I'll go see if I can finish HC's dratted book so I can read NR's book cause, let me tell you, it's killing me to see it just sit there.

Catch y'all later.

4 Comments:

At Sun Jun 05, 03:38:00 AM, Blogger grave_creek said...

awww i would love to go with you..that is IF i was anywhere near america!!lol!!
ouhhh!! ive been known to have book hopped 3 books at once!! lol!!! its a pain in the arse to keep up with the stories without mixing up the characters!!!im a big fan of nora too..unfortunately being in mauritius...we verry rarely do get her books in the stores!!sigh!!

now last but not least i just wanted to dedicater you this little song: " RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD,BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN MY EYES WILL SOON BE TURNING RED,CRYINGS NOT FOR ME,CAUSE IM NEVER GONNA STOP THE RAIN COMPLAINING,BECAUSE IM FREE,NOTHINGS WORRYING ME....
wishing you eternal sunshine from wherever you are honey!!love yah!!* big kiss*

 
At Sun Jun 05, 04:16:00 AM, Blogger savante said...

You've got Black Rose already?! I am dead jealous!

And man, I am amazed we have fans of the lovely Nora in Mauritius! How cool!

Paul

 
At Sun Jun 05, 02:15:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

g_c,
You're so good to me!! If we weren't so far away, we could hunker down together ;) I love to shop, you love to shop. We'd have tons of fun!!

Every once in a blue moon, I book hop but I try not to do that very often because like you said, it's a bloody pain keeping the characters straight.

Oh gosh, Nora ROCKS, don't she? You don't get her books in the stores very often?!? Why, that's a travesty! An outrage! Sheesh.

How long does it take for something to travel from the US to Mauritius, I wonder?

There was actually a smidgen of sun in S. Florida today. Thanks babe! *big kiss & lotsa love* back atcha!!

Paul,
Yes, it came out on May 31st but I just got it yesterday morning when I went to Walmart. It's not out in Malaysia yet? When is it released over there?

I finally finished Harlan Coben's book (which ended up being phenominal, lots of twists and turns) so, I started reading 'Black Rose' last night, I'm up to page 79 and it's brilliant so far. Well worth the wait but I think all of her book are.

When is 'Origin in Death' being released in Malaysia? It's sceduled for July 12th over here and I'm biting at the bit for that one. Her books under J.D. Robb are my favorite. So many yummy characters. Roarke, Trueheart, Baxter and Eve, oh, I'm half in love with Eve.

Okay, sorry. I'll shut up now, it's just that reading is one of my absolute favorite things!

Matt,
Thank you *kisses*. I agree, it's never simple to just turn and walk away. There are so many things to think about and in this situation, it's not just us, we have Cameron. We've been in an unhappy and basically loveless marriage for so long and now that we are actually trying to work our way back into being happy again, everyone wants to lay on the pressure. Sigh. But, I'll take your advice, no fretting!

Canada, eh? Sounds lovely. I could come visit you and Raph and Jacky. Fun, fun, fun :) Thanks again, you're a sweetheart!

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Mon Jun 06, 01:35:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Rod,
I agree with your suggestion. Now, I just have to toughen up that backbone and go through with it. And thank you for the luck babe! *big*hugs* and *mushy*kisses*

<3 Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home