The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Aimee's Entry - All this excitement just might kill me...

^^^ That was sarcasm, BTW.

I should probably be in bed. It’s past midnight and I have to get up a bit earlier tomorrow because it’s Cameron’s first day of school but I’m not particularly tired. Sigh. I hate that.

Oh well.

God, I had such an icky weekend. I was in a complete funk the whole time. Let’s see...

Friday night I just sat around feeling sorry for myself. I hate family drama and no matter how calm the waters may seem there’s always something brewing just beneath the surface and it’s usually not pretty. In this case, it’s ugly, really ugly. I have some fairly nasty skeletons hiding in my closet and just when you think you’ve moved past all the hurt and all the pain, they pop back out to show you that no matter what you do, you’ll never quite escape them completely. Life just doesn’t work that way I suppose.

Saturday, well, I didn’t do much of anything during the day except repeat Friday’s moping session and spend some time with Cameron. I love spending time with Cameron. You know, I may not be the best mother in the world but I think I’m doing okay. He loves me and I suppose when all is said and done, that’s all that matters.


Saturday night I packed Cameron in the car and met my mother at Cracker Barrel. It was fun, we had a nice dinner together and looked at all the early Halloween stuff they had out. From there we headed to Walmart (which is probably my least favorite place in the world) because my mother wanted to buy Cameron a body board. I bought myself some Spongebob pajama’s (I have a slightly weird obsession with pajama’s – I love them), I don’t think Drew was very happy about it but fuck it, I rarely buy myself anything so he’ll just have to deal with it. After Walmart, my mom took Cameron home with her for a sleep over and I headed home all by my lonely.

Today I slept in because I was feeling lazy and then I got up and dragged Drew to the open house at Cameron’s new school. After the open house, we stopped at Barnes and Noble and I bought Drew a couple graphic novels with my birthday gift certificates and then we went to lunch at the Macaroni Grill. I was a good girl too and had a salad even thought I really didn’t want to.


Gabe called Drew while we were out and after they hung up Drew told me that he was going to have Gabe come to the house tonight and do my tattoo as a birthday present but Gabe wants me to come into the shop tomorrow after I get off work instead. So I guess I’m getting a tattoo tomorrow. Drew showed me the design for my tattoo that he gave Gabe and it’s really cool. If it comes out, I’ll take some pictures.

When we came home Drew went his way and I went mine. I had to get Cameron’s room in some kind of order so I spent a few hours up there rearranging things and then I laid down on his bed and watched a movie on HBO. I don’t know what it was called but it was a kick ass movie. When I came back downstairs, Drew said he had to go out for a bit so I went back up and did some more domestic chores (have I ever mentioned how much I hate them?).

I did laundry (ick), vacuuming (ick), dusting (ick) and after dinner I played the dutiful wife and washed the dishes (double ick) where I managed to burn myself on a pot and cut my finger with a knife. I don’t think I’m cut out for this whole wife thing, I don’t even know how to cook. Oh well. After all that fun stuff, I went to the grocery store. I hate going to the grocery store.

So, that was my weekend. Boring, I know but what am I gonna do? That’s my life in a nutshell.

And I didn’t even get to kiss anybody (LOL).

2 Comments:

At Mon Aug 08, 03:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah right an okay mom. Aimee you're crazy you're an awesome mom cause you love him to death.

You're getting a tattoo? Where on your body? Can't wait to see it.

Much LOVE,
Tine

 
At Tue Aug 09, 02:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

given the photos that i've seen of cameron, he looks like he's having a happy childhood, which means that you're prolly a great mom.

buck up, aimee! ::hugs::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home