The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Aimee's Entry - Row, row, row your boat...



These trajectory or "projected path" images ususally don't do anything but give me a tickle because they're just so bloody iffy. You know, you've got some weather man on TV drawing a line right through the middle of South Florida but in reality, the storm could land anywhere between Miami and Vero. Iffy. It's great for hype and it certainly boosts the sale of gas, water, canned goods and wood but it gets a tad annoying. Although, I think this one is a pretty straight shot, it's heading straight for Ft. Lauderdale and it doesn't appear to want to change course. We (South Floridians) aren't taking this one too seriously because it's just a Tropical Storm and according to the National Hurricane Center, it shouldn't be greater than a Category 1 Hurricane when it makes landfall. The only thing that makes me weary is that they keep comparing Katrina to Hurricane Irene back in 1999 and that storm was a fucking bitch. Irene produced so much rain, I was ankle deep in water in my own fucking living room. I was 6 months pregnant too and because we were flooding so badly I had to help Drew and my dad move shit around to try and salvage what we could. It was miserable. Hopefully Katrina won't produce as much rain but they're predicting up to 20 inches in some areas, which seriously blows. Oh well, we'll just have to roll (or row -- hee hee) with it.

I have to share something with you all... I had one of those weepy mommy moments last night. My baby lost his first tooth and I cried. It's silly, I know but God, he's growing up on me. It's too fast. Way too fast. And you know, Cameron's really digging the tooth fairy this morning. It was too cute. It was quite comical last night, Drew and I dithering over how much money to put under his pillow. I wanted to put a $5 under his pillow and Drew said, "You can't put a $5 under his pillow every time he looses a tooth Aimee. That's just crazy." He said $1, I put $2.

I'm still not ready to talk about my epiphany because while it made me really think about things and realize that I need to make some changes, it doesn't mean that I'll actually make those changes. I don't think I'm strong enough, honestly. But I will talk about it one of these days because maybe it'll help me put things into a clearer perspective.

Well, we're doing payroll and then I do believe we'll probably call it a day because the weathers getting downright ugly outside.

Have a great day y'all.

2 Comments:

At Thu Aug 25, 02:09:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thanks Tom :)

I will (promise).

LOL. Yes, he'll definitely work his way up to $5. No doubt.

He does indeed have a cute 'lil gaptoothed smile. LOL. Adorible.

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Thu Aug 25, 02:46:00 PM, Blogger TheStolenOlive said...

THe tooth fairy in New Orleans pays $5.00. I took full advantage of that fact while staying with my aunt one summer and one of my molars broke, if FOUR pieces, and each piece fell out separately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home