The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

For someone I love...

I had a bad night last night and with it came an epiphany of sorts but I don't want to talk about it. It's kind of like an open wound. It hurts me.

So, I'll turn my thoughts toward someone who means a whole lot to me. Evan, I ache for you, love. I truly do. I'm so extremely sorry. If there's anything you need, just ask and it's yours. Anything, anytime.

When you feel all alone
And the world has turned it's back on you
Give me a moment please to tame your wild, wild heart
I know you feel like the walls are closing in on you
It's hard to find relief and people can be so cold
When darkness is upon your door and you feel like you can't take anymore

Let me be the one you call

If you jump, I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

When you feel all alone
And a loyal friend is hard to find
You're caught in a one way street
With the monsters in your head
When hopes and dreams are far away and
You feel like you can't face the day

Let me be the one you call
If you jump, I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash, then crash and burn
You're not alone

Because there has always been heartache and pain
And when it's over, you'll breathe again
You'll breath again

When you feel all alone
And the world has turned it's back on you
Give me a moment please
To tame your wild, wild heart

Let me be the one you call
If you jump, I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash, then crash and burn
You're not alone

Xo,
Aimee

~*~

EDITED: Ah, I just love hurricane season. I told Angie earlier that I was gonna pull out my rowboat, she said not to forget my rain poncho and my cute new hat. LOL.




South Florida Now Under Hurricane Watch
POSTED: 5:51 am EDT August 24, 2005
UPDATED: 11:27 am EDT August 24, 2005

MIAMI -- South Florida is now under a hurricane watch and a tropical storm warning as Tropical Storm Katrina approaches.

The hurricane watch and tropical storm warning area stretches along the east coast of Florida from Vero Beach south to Florida City. A tropical storm watch remains in effect for the middle and upper Florida Keys from west of the 7-Mile Bridge to just south of Florida City.

A hurricane watch means that hurricane conditions are likely within 36 hours. A tropical storm warning means tropical storm conditions are likely within 24 hours.

Katrina is threatening to hit the state as a Hurricane when it makes landfall Friday, the National Hurricane Center said.

The storm is expected to slowly cross the state and could bring a lot of rain to South Florida -- 6 to 12 inches, with isolated maximum amounts of 15 to 20 inches, according to the National Hurricane Center.

At 11 a.m., Katrina was 233 miles east-southeast of South Florida. It is moving to the north-northwest at near 8 mph. Maximum sustained winds are near 40 mph, with gusts reaching 52 mph.

A gradual turn to the northwest at a slightly slower forward speed is expected later today, according to the NHC.

2 Comments:

At Wed Aug 24, 08:39:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

TOO MANY!!! I swear, it borders on ridiculously obnoxious.

Ah well, what're you gonna do? I suppose I could always move.

~ Aimee

 
At Thu Aug 25, 12:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aimee AND Angie,
thanks for all the positive comments and support. I love you ladies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home