The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Aimee's vacation play-by-play...

Ang, Tom and Tine... I'm happy you enjoyed the pictures I posted from my Disney trip -- thank you for saying so and for assuring me that I don't look half as awful in them as I thought I did. You're SO sweet to me.

Well, it was nice, just me and my mom letting our hair down and having fun. Needless to say, we had a blast.

Friday... Ah, it was so relaxing, there was no pressure to do anything but just be. I loved it. We left my house a bit after 10 am and since we weren't expected for check-in until 3 pm we just took our time getting there. We stopped in Ft. Pierce on the way and shared a cinnamon roll (anyone who's ever read IPTBS knows all about my love of cinnamon rolls). Mmm, it was yummy (I should probably note that I blew my diet all to hell this weekend). Instead of taking the turnpike to I-4 and getting off near the Disney Resorts we got off early and leisurely drove through Kissimmee. Check-in was a breeze and after we unloaded our stuff we took a bus to the Disney Marketplace and had lunch at someplace called Earl of Sandwich (they make some killer sandwiches) and then we walked over to Downtown Disney's west side and checked to see if we needed to make reservations to eat at Bongo's Cuban Cafe for dinner. We didn't. After we bought a caramel apple and did a bit of shopping we headed back to the hotel to relax for a bit before we got ready for dinner. Around 9 pm we hopped a bus to Downtown Disney and had dinner at Bongo's. I had Ropa Vieja (it was delicious -- YUM) and my mom had the Palomilla steak (it wasn't so delicious -- too tough). After dinner we wandered down to Pleasure Island and walked around for a bit before stopping to get a drink from one of the sidewalk vendors. We both had what they call a 'Screaming Red Head'. Aside from Triple Sec and Banana Liqueur, I have no idea what else was in that drink but 1 was enough to give me the giggles and my mom, oh my God. We were sitting on a bench finishing up our drinks and a girl with a rather enormous backside strolled by and when she got past us my mom blurted out, "Damn, what the hell's that hitting me in the back of my head? Oh shit, it's my ass." Apparently alcohol loosens the tongue. Snort. But after a couple drinks we giggled our way back to the bus and headed back to the hotel where we tumbled into bed.

Saturday... We got up bright and early, got ready and hopped a bus to Epcot. Going to Epcot wasn't in our original plan but I haven't been there since I was 15 and my mom said I had to see it so she bought a One Day Park Hopper Pass so we could go to Epcot before we hit the Magic Kingdom. It was a lot cooler than I remember it. I had a blast traipsing through all the countries and because she was in charge of the camera, I drove my mom crazy with the pictures. We played with the big paper flowers in Mexico, rode the troll ride in Norway, browsed through the Christmas store in Germany, had a glass of Bellini in Italy, Ooed and Aahed over the fountain in France and ate lunch in Canada. And by far the best part of my trip to Epcot was Mickey. Sigh. I got to hug Mickey (*smile*), it's childish I know, but I love that guy and I bought a hat that Angie thinks is cute and Drew made fun of. After we were done in Epcot we hopped a bus to my absolute favorite place in Disney, the Magic Kingdom. Have I ever told you that I'm just a big, overgrown kid? After we made a potty stop, we strolled down Main Street and I gushed childishly over Cinderella's Castle (my favorite part of the Magic Kingdom). They're celebrating Disneyland's 50th Anniversary and in celebration they did the most fantastic thing to the castle. Every time the sun hit the castle, it sparkled. It was beautiful. After I got over my giddy castle worship we headed to Tomorrow Land to ride Space Mountain. My mom was still a bit peeved at Drew because he was being an ass with me on the phone that morning so while we were in line for Space Mountain she blurted out, "You know, every time Drew sits down, he reminds me of that *thing* from Star Wars." Oh. My. God. I do believe I was rendered speechless for a minute and when I managed to find my tongue, the only thing I could come up with was, "Jabba the Hut?" and she said in all innocence, "Oh, is that his name?" LMAO (I should probably note that while I understand exactly what she's talking about, Drew does not look like Jabba the Hut). It started to rain while we were on Space Mountain and by the time we got off and were heading into Fantasy Land, it was fucking pouring so we ducked into the Pooh store to try and wait it out. I bought the second and third of Angie's gifts while I was in there (the first was in Epcot). It was showing no sign of stopping and we had a 6:15 dinner reservation at Tony's Town Tavern on Main Street so we bought rain poncho's and waded our way to the restaurant. After dinner we headed for Frontier Land but stopped in Fantasy Land for a second because I just had to ride, It's A Small World (they revamped that ride, BTW, and it looks great). It was the coolest thing but I'm figuring because of the rain about half the people were gone and there was absolutely no wait for It's A Small World and it was the same for Splash Mountain (which is my favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom). And gosh, I was so proud of my mom because the last time just her and I went to Disney she ended up with her head buried between my breasts during the drop on Splash Mountain and this time well, you could see about a 1/4 of her face, the rest was buried between my breasts of course but we're making progress. After the ride, I bought another little gift for Angie before we headed off to ride Thunder Mountain (my mom's favorite ride). After that we wandered for a bit and then stopped to ride the Haunted Mansion ride on our way back to Main Street (where I bought Angie's last gift) for the fireworks. The fireworks were kickass. When they were done we caught a bus back to the hotel and called it a night.

Sunday... Was another extremely relaxing day. We loaded up the car, had breakfast and wandered around the hotel taking pictures before driving to the Disney Marketplace to have lunch before we hit the road. On the way back we stopped off at my mom's land in Okeechobee and I got to see the house they're in the process of building. Christie met us up there with Sarah and we just hung around together for a bit before hitting the road again.

At approximately 8 pm on Sunday I checked my vacation at the door and stepped back into real life. Sigh. It was fun while it lasted.

I was off on Monday but I had to have my infusion so it was a pretty lousy day. Today is my first day back at work and thus far, it's been a fairly unpleasant day but I figured it would be. And Drew better check his attitude at the door tonight or it could get ugly.

Oh well, I have high hopes for tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 24, 06:47:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Or that wierd greenish/blue/black tounge either Tom! Gross!!

I'm excited to get my presents Aimee, but I told you, you didn't have to buy me anything! So thank you in advance! You're the one that's too good to me!

I'm so glad that you and your mom had a good time despite Drew being an ass who could find himself single if he doesn't watch his step!

Ang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home