The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Aimee's Entry - The grass is greener...

Angie and I were talking about something last week and she said...

"The grass is always greener on the other side -- until you get there."

In respect to what we were talking about, she's probably right but I'll be damned if I don't want to do it anyway. I mean, how are you supposed to ever truly know whether or not the grass is greener if you never take the chance and cross over to the other side?

And that ^^ ladies and gents is Aimee trying to rationalize something that she wants to do badly but knows there ain't a chance in hell she'll be able to.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

Moving on... I actually slept in this morning. For some reason, I've been getting up early the last few weekends but this morning I just let myself sleep. And it felt fantastic. After I got up and moseyed around the house for a bit, I headed out to my nail appointment and then off to my mom's to spend the rest of the day with her. It was fun. We had lunch and did a bit of shopping. I got a new conditioner for this mass of unruly curls atop my head. I hope it works because they're beginning to annoy me. Ever since I chopped of that extra 12" of hair, the curls have been unmanageable. I guess the extra weight held them in check and when I got rid of it, they sprang to attention and they're obnoxious.

My sister called my mom's cell while we were out and since my mom was otherwise engaged she asked me to answer it. Before I could get a word in my sister said, "Hi mommy." (they're sort of speaking to each other again) and I said, "Hi Christie." and the little snot said, "Oh... it's you. Hi Aimee." We chatted for a minute after that and she explained that she hadn't meant it the way it sounded she was just expecting mom to answer and when I did, it threw her off. I don't know.

I'm home now and there isn't a soul here except Cameron and I. And well Bugsy...



We can't forget him -- he's the baby of the house.

Well, since it's so quiet, I think I might try to finish reading this book I've been trying to read or maybe watch a bit of TV. We'll see.

4 Comments:

At Sun Aug 14, 07:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

::sigh:: i wish everyday was saturday.

 
At Sun Aug 14, 01:21:00 PM, Blogger TheStolenOlive said...

Bugsy is adorable!

 
At Mon Aug 15, 01:22:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Ah Raph, me too darlin', me too.


Thank you fftvstar.

Xo,
Aimee

 
At Tue Aug 16, 01:40:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe the grass isn't greener, but all life is risk. The real question is whether it would be worse than this side's grass if the other dide's grass ended up not being greener.

And that, of course, could not have made sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home