The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Aimee's Entry

Sigh, I’ve been in such a mood this week (and certainly not a good one).

Although he’d tell you that I’m fucking crazy, Drew has always been a pro when it comes to mental manipulation (my mother insists that it’s more mental "abuse" than "manipulation" and I suppose in some ways it is, but I’ve always felt that it’s more a form of manipulation rather than abuse). I don't want to make him sound like a bad person because as a whole he's not, but Drew knows my weaknesses, he knows my insecurities (of which I have many) and sometimes he exploits them until I’m so wound up it’s a wonder I can think rationally. He’d never understand and again he’d tell you that I’m fucking crazy but it got to a point in February that my doctor said if I didn’t get some kind of control over the situation she was going to be forced to put me on anti-anxiety drugs because I was letting it affect my health. And I did but needless to say this week, he’s been consistently pushing (and pushing and pushing and pushing) my buttons. God, he had me so flustered earlier that I drove to CVS because I needed something and by the time I got there, I couldn’t remember what the fuck I went there for in the first place. It’s making me edgy and I swear, I wish that we’d either work on trying to get along or just leave each other the fuck alone. One or the other, I don’t care.

And I know this is awful but God, I want so badly to just be alone for awhile.

1 Comments:

At Thu Sep 22, 07:25:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

It's not bad to want a break Aim. And maybe that's exactly what you guys need.

And whether it's manipulation or not, it's not healthy for either one of you.

I'm here if ya need me.

Ang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home