The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Aimee a.ka. The Kid Magnet.

It’s late and I’m tired, but for me, being tired means nothing where matters of sleep are concerned. Sleep eludes me anymore.

Anyhow, I was off today and had every intention of sleeping in, but as intentions usually go, it just didn’t work out. Cameron woke me up first because there was a toy he was itching to play with and he needed me to help him undo all of those annoying little twist ties toy manufacturers torture parents with. After I accomplished that little task, I curled back up, closed my eyes and drifted back to the land of dreams while Cameron played (quietly, I might add) with his newly liberated toy on the floor next to my bed. Bliss. Or it was until Christie deposited Sarah downstairs while she moseyed her ass back upstairs to do whatever the hell she was doing up there for over an hour.

You know how some people just seem to attract something? Men, women, cats, dogs, etc., etc., etc.. Well, for me, it’s children. I attract children. They’re drawn to me like I’ve got some kind of crazy magnet sewn to my ass. Needless to say, it wasn’t long before Sarah was crawling all over me, and because Cameron is the jealous sort, he couldn’t have that So, before I could utter a protest, I had not one but two children snuggled up against me, showering me with love. It was sweet and all, but honestly, I was just wanting to sleep. I finally said to hell with it and got up because those two lovely children had no intention of letting me go back to sleep.

And then that evil woman that is my sister emerged from her peaceful haven upstairs and announced that since I was off work today, she figured she’d just leave Sarah with me. I’m thinking maybe she should’ve checked with me first, but because my middle name is "sucker", I ended up spending my day off with two rowdy children. Sigh.

After Christie sauntered off to do a bit of shopping before she went to work, I answered Angie’s text message from last night and after a couple texts back and forth, I signed into Yahoo and we chatted for a bit. It was fabulous. We haven’t been able to chat online since those evil people she works for banned the use of all instant messaging programs and I’ve really missed our chats so it was nice to be able to do it again. And because she’s like the best friend ever, she talked me through this foolish bit of jealousy (a pointless emotion, I rarely encounter) I’ve been experiencing recently and made me feel so much better about the whole thing. Thank you, Ang, my sweet.

Sadly, I had to end my chat session with Angie because Thing 1 and Thing 2 were slowly working their way into one of their countless bickering sessions over some silly fuzzy poster I bought Cameron for Christmas. Once I nixed the impending argument, I rounded the two of them up and headed off to pick up Drew for lunch because he wanted to spend a bit of time with Cameron before he heads off to High Springs with Drew’s parents for the remainder of his Winter break. Then it was on to my mom’s house to share some of the kiddies love with her. I don’t believe she thanks me for it either.

And the rest of the day (and night) was pretty much spent refereeing the children. Ah, fun times. Now I’m thinking that maybe I should try and get some sleep. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home