The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Holidays!!

To you and yours.



Everything gets a bit crazy after today, and I don't know if I'll make it back before Christmas has passed. If not, I hope you all have a bright, safe and blissful holiday.

~ * Aimee * ~

Today was nice (well, until a bit ago when that rather large, impressive looking man was standing on my doorstep staring precariously at me because my son threw a rock which happened to hit his son in the arm. But honestly, he was really nice about it considering the circumstances), really nice. We (Kim, her son Nick, Cathy and Terry) all exchanged gifts at work and then just sat around talking and what-not until about 2 when we called it a day.

Now, there’s a whole mess of pretty packages for Cameron but I don’t know what’s in them because they never will tell me, but I got some really cool stuff (*smile*). Let’s see...

Kim and Nick got me an adorible pair of pajama’s (I have a strange affection for pajama’s), a pair of super-comfy socks to wear in the house (sigh, they’re so soft), a selection of Christmas scented candles from Yankee Candle Company with a cute little glass holder to put them in and 2 lbs. Of Dunkin Donuts coffee (I frickin’ LOVE their coffee).

Cathy gave me a hundred dollar bill wrapped in a box.

Terry gave me $150.00 in a card that read "Merry Christmas, Aimee! Thanks for everything (even when I’m an asshole). LOL.

And Warren gave me a heater fan for my office because I’m always complaining that my feet are cold.

They’re all so sweet. And you know, out of all the things I’m thankful for, loving the people I work with (and for) and having them love me in return is pretty high on the list.

Tonight my mom is coming over to drop off presents for Cameron, Sarah, Christie and myself because we won’t see her until sometime in the afternoon on Christmas day and she wants us to have our gifts for the morning.

And tomorrow, I’m making a mini Christmas dinner for my dad and my grandparents because they’re not going to Okeechobee on Christmas day for the big family dinner. I also have o swing by the UPS location in Deerfield sometime before 5 pm to pick up my package from Angie because I wasn’t here when they tried to deliver it earlier today. Sometime in the evening I have to go pick up Drew because he’s spending the night Christmas Eve so he’ll be here in the morning when Cameron gets up.

Then it’s Christmas, my favorite day of the year. I haven’t been able to get into the spirit this year, but now that it’s right around the corner, I can’t wait!

2 Comments:

At Sun Dec 25, 01:19:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Merry X-Mas!

 
At Sun Dec 25, 09:26:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thank you, Castor!

And Merry X-mas to you too, Evan, my love.

Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home