The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, December 26, 2005

Aimee

Another Christmas bites the dust. And it was nice, if not a bit chaotic at times.

Cameron, bless his heart, was up before the sun, ruthlessly making his way back and forth between the couch in the living room where Drew was sleeping and the daybed in the dining room where I was sleeping to see which one of us he could harrass out of bed first. I do believe it was Drew who got up first, with me seconds behind him. Then it was on to the "let's see how much noise it takes to annoy Christie out of bed" game. Not much (hee hee). Ah, what fun.

Well, after some bitching and moaning about having to get up at the crack of dawn, Christie demanded (rather crossly, I might add) coffee while I, being the mood killer of the bunch, forced the kiddies to eat breakfast before any little fingers came in contact with anything resembling a present. I know, I know, I'm awful, I should be ashamed of myself.

Anyhow, shortly after Cameron and Sarah inhaled a completely non-nutritional bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, it was on to the presents.

And did you know that once you start ripping into it, wrapping paper appears to grow and multiply until you're practically buried under various piles of the dratted stuff?

While Christie and I were drowning in a sea of never ending paper gaily adorned with santa's and snowmen and candy canes, the piles of toys and games and books and movies went to war with the sea of wrapping paper until we felt like we were suffocating. But it was all for a good cause.

Cameron and Sarah done good. They were happy and for a brief shining moment, they actually got along with each other, which made the last minute wrapping spree Christie and I went on the night before worth every second. I took pictures, lots and lots of pictures. And when I'm feeling a little less lazy, I'll figure out why the USB cord for my digital camera is acting funny, and post a few.

And aside from a minor fight that I had to break up between Christie and Drew (they seriously hate each other) just before dinner, the rest of the day went relatively smoothe.

All in all, it was a good day.

And last but certainly not least, Angie and Evan, thank you. You're both fantastic and I love you more than I could possibly express.

1 Comments:

At Sat Dec 31, 04:02:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome hon. Glad you had a good x-mas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home