The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Monday, January 02, 2006

Aimee

I swear, if I live to be a hundred, I’ll still never learn that my open-minded, free-spirited, live-and-let-live attitude somehow always manages to get my ass in trouble. You see, the problem is that sometimes I forget who it is I’m talking to, and ultimately end up sticking my foot in. Sigh. Maybe one of these days I’ll remember to just politely nod instead of opening my fucking mouth, and save myself some trouble.

Oh well, I’m not going to dwell on it because it’ll only piss me off.

Moving on...

Have I ever mentioned that I love Valentines Day? Love, love, love it. Drew was never real big on Valentines Day, but seeing as the hopeless romantic trapped inside of me refuses to be snuffed out, I’ve always adored that ridiculously frivolous holiday. But with that said, I’m thinking it’s a tad nonsensical, not to mention annoying to have that chubby arrow wielding promoter of eros and plastic candy hearts shoved down my throat a week after Christmas. Couldn’t they have waited a couple weeks? Or maybe I’m just being a stick in the mud.

Anyway, New Years Eve was pretty anticlimactic (well, sorta) for me. I was supposed to spend it hanging out with Drew just watching some TV, but he called me about 6 pm and said we were going out with his roommates instead. And that was a bit of a pisser because I had to scramble to make myself look halfway decent instead of the "who-gives-a-fuck" look I had going on when he called. Apparently I done good cause when I walked in the house his roommate said, "Wow. Pretty." Which was sweet because pretty much every time I see the guy, I look like sludge. After Brandee finished getting ready we headed down to Jesse’s Sports Bar near the beach in Pompano and just hung out (they played darts, I watched) til a bit after 1 am. And seeing as I was the only one out of the four of us that hadn’t consumed any alcohol (I’d stuck to coke all night), I got to play designated driver. Which was cool, but God, Brandee has one big ass truck. Anyhow, since Cameron was still in High Springs with Drew’s parents, I just spent the night over there, but let me tell you, two adults trying to sleep in an itty bitty daybed together isn’t the best idea if you actually want to sleep.

And that’s basically it. I didn’t do anything today other than clean the house, and since I’m off tomorrow and Cameron has to go back to school, I’m thinking I’ll finish cleaning his room and hook up his PS2.

Night, all.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 02, 01:23:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've never been a fan of Valentines Day myself.

And I'm sorry your New Year's Eve wasn't the most fantastic

 
At Mon Jan 02, 01:43:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I've always loved it, I'm just not in the mood for it yet.

Eh, it was alright, and I shouldn't complain because typically I don't do a damn thing on New Years Eve.

Thank you, darling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home