The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Friday, August 25, 2006

Aimee--T-G-I-F

Well, my Cameron says "curly" is the way to go, most definitely, so curly it is. And honestly, I wouldn't ever do more than hot-iron my hair because I happen to know that it won't hold a chemical straightening, I had test strips done a bit over a year ago and they didn't even make it a whole day.

Speaking of hair, I finally took Cameron in for a haircut last weekend, so he no longer has that whole shaggy thing going on. I keep meaning to take some pictures, but I always seem to get sidetracked, perhaps I'll harass him with the camera a bit this weekend.

Anyhow, as I suspected, Christie ended up spending the night last night and since she was in the throes of one of her migraines, the drama was more than a bit high. I understand how migraines can be, I've had too many to count and I realize that Christie's are more severe than any I've ever had, but she was a mite over the top with it. And according to my mom, Christie headed for the ER sometime in the wee hours of the morning (and how I did not know that, being that Christie was sleeping with me, absolutely baffles me). This trip to the ER has my mom pissed and honestly, I don't blame her, I'd be pissed too. You see, after months and months of not working, Christie finally got tired of hearing my mom bitch at her and went out and got herself a job at Chili's, yesterday was her first day and seeing as she's supposed to clock-in at 9:00 AM this morning and she's been at the ER where they'll more than likely load her with pain meds, I'm seriously doubting she'll make it for her second day. I figure she'll end up getting fired which, and I know this will sound mean, is probably what she wants. Personally, I just don't think she WANTS to work and as long as she thinks she doesn't HAVE to, she won't.

And that's all really, I'm happy it's Friday and seeing as last weekend I had to spend $100 on a new battery because my car just up and quit on me and my next door neighbor, one of the only people in my complex that I consider a friend, passed away, I'm hoping like hell this weekend is entirely anticlimactic, I could use a happy weekend, I really could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home