The Twisted Minds of Aimee and Angie

We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. - EE Cummings

Saturday, August 12, 2006

~*A-i-m-e-e*~

I've really taken a liking to this new Jazz Diet Pepsi, but I've decided no matter how much I like the yummy stuff, I absolutely have to stay away from it because it's seriously messing with my water intake. Anyhow, my too much diet soda and not enough water dilemma aside, I had a pretty fantastic day!

My cold is still annoyingly present, but it's so (SO) much better! I can actually taste and smell again--good stuff! And my ears haven't bothered me a bit all day--YAY! The cough is a bit of a bummer, but not enough of one to ruin my day.

After I stopped being lazy and motivated my lazy ass to get moving, I rounded up Cameron and my dad and we set off for Target to finish getting Cameron's school supplies. That was crazy stuff, I do believe every parent in Coral Springs was packed into those 4 tiny aisles, but it's alright, I only had to get a few things (colored pencils, a spiral notebook and a hardbound composition book) because we'd already gathered the rest of his supplies earlier in the week, so I flitted in and out of those aisles in no time. And then because it was my birthday gift certificate I was using to acquire these items, I wandered over to the lingerie section and bought myself a bra, it's pretty and pink and since I've lost a bit of weight and my breasts have decided to finally pick a cup size (for now), picking it out didn't hurt a bit.

And then it was off to Walmart (which is, I suspect, my dads favorite store--the why of that is beyond me, really it is because that store give me a bloody headache, but he spends a crazy amount of time there) and since it was a Walmart Gift Card he gave me for my birthday, I figured I'd keep my eyes open in case something caught my attention and lo and behold, I fell shamelessly in love with this super-cute denim skirt (and I don't even like skirts) and I absolutely had to have it! So I bought it!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

^^ I, of course, am not that thin (by any means) and you know what, Drew informed me that my new love is "just so 80's". LOL.

But the best part was when I grabbed the size I thought was the one for me, dragged my ass into the fitting room to try it on (I hate trying stuff on, I really do, but alas, it must be done) and discovered it was too big so I had to go down a size. How cool is that? Very. Trust me, it is.

I'll be the first one to admit that sans clothing, I am not very pretty to look at, but the fact that just three and a half months ago I was wearing a Size 18 very comfortably and a Size 16 Wide somewhat comfortably and today I had to buy a Regular Woman's Size 14 (and it wasn't tight nor snug in the waist--I had room to spare for goodness sake) because the Regular Woman's Size 16 was too big absolutely amazes me, really it does. When I finally make it into a Size 12, I'll probably be paralyzed by shock and I don't believe I'll care. LOL.

Anyhow, I found another skirt that made my heart flutter (it's more my style, long and flirty), but for some reason, I didn't get it tonight, I do believe I'll go back and get it tomorrow though.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

^^ It looks like this only it's longer and not white (blah), it's a beige that fades into brown. Very cool looking, me likes it.

But that's it, no more clothes shopping for a while because I want to shed a bit more weight and inches first. I'm thinking I'll finish off my birthday gift money somewhere towards the end of September before I go on vacation and then for Christmas, I'll just ask for more clothes. Sounds like a splendid plan to me.

That was pretty much it for today.

Tomorrow is "Drop-in Sunday" at Cameron's school and I'm wanting to take him so he's familiar with where his classroom is on Monday morning, plus I'd like him to meet his teacher before the first day of school too. Drew is wanting to take me to the Vision Center before we go to the school so he can find out how much it's going to cost to get me a new pair of glasses. New glasses are my birthday gift from him and I think that's super-fantastic because I really, really need some. After we hit the Vision Center, Cameron's school and get Cameron a haircut, Drew is going to take Cameron over to the skate park for a bit, but he has to be home early because he has to be in bed at a decent hour so he's not a crab-ass on the first day of school. My Cameron is NOT a morning person, but he comes by it naturally--I detest mornings!

And that's really all I've got going on. I hope you're all having a peachy weekend thus far.

1 Comments:

At Sun Aug 13, 06:19:00 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Ok... the part that stood out for *me* is the " had to get smaller skirt."

That is really the fun part of the diet. When you have proof that you're smaller. I loved that right before I started my job, I lost a pants size... and loved it even more when I realized I needed to get NEW pants after that.

Heck I thought it was funny when I went on my trip and I had "old" jeans on for the first flight... When I had to take my belt off it was down right embarressing as I had to hold my pants up- and these weren't my FAT jeans...

But getting back to you ;-)
Very proud and happy that you've lost weight and got a skirt that you like in a smaller size... and agree don't go on a buying binge until you get to your goal weight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home